Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » Should I Buy A Lithium Ion Power Tool Battery?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Should I Buy A Lithium Ion Power Tool Battery?

Should I Buy A Lithium Ion Power Tool Battery?

When you are using a cordless tool, you want the most power you can get

, for the longest time you can get it. And if the battery providing it doesn't weigh more than you can lift with one hand, that's an added benefit. Since the very first power tool batteries, manufacturers have been trying to make their batteries and, as a result, their tools, provide more power, run longer, and weigh less. Strides were made early on with NiCD batteries, but the biggest changes came with the introduction of NiMH tool batteries. Their capacity and durability were unmatched and they quickly became must-have accessories for serious users. They were the best on the market for quite some time.

Then, back around 2007, lithium-ion power tool batteries burst on the scene and quickly gained momentum because more powerful tools were requiring more efficient batteries. As soon as one company introduced them, every manufacturer scrambled to produce similar products and keep up with customer demand. So what makes li-ion power tool batteries so beneficial? And should you buy one for your Dewalt power tool, Makita, Craftsman, or Ryobi? Read on to see the benefits of li-ion technology and a comparison of these batteries to other types of power tool batteries.

Lithium-ion batteries have some obvious advantages. First, these batteries are capable of very high capacities. The more amp hours that can be crammed in, the longer the battery will power a device, all else being equal. So one obvious advantage of having a lithium-ion battery is that you instantly increase your potential runtime. And longer runtimes mean less battery charging/switching during a job, which subsequently means more efficient work.

Another advantage of lithium tool batteries is their short charging time. Li-ion batteries charge up much quicker than other battery types. So when your battery does finally run out of juice, you can charge it fairly quickly and resume working without too much hassle. In addition, li-ion batteries are not susceptible to charging problems that would leave other batteries completely useless if charged incorrectly. It's a set-and-forget charging system which is ideal for those who only use their tools every now and then. Should I Buy A Lithium Ion Power Tool Battery?

Li-ion batteries in power tools also significantly decrease the weight in your hand. These batteries are smaller and lighter than earlier power tool batteries, meaning you can use a smaller, lighter battery without sacrificing power. That's something than anyone who uses power tools for long periods of time could appreciate.

While lithium ion batteries may seem like a no-brainer, there are some drawbacks to them. For example, they aren't even available for a large number of devices that people already own, meaning that the tool itself may need to be replaced. This brings me to the next disadvantage: price. Buying a new device may be a little too expensive if you already have perfectly-functioning tool. However, even purchasing the batteries alone can put a big dent in your wallet. Li-ion batteries are significantly more expensive than their NiCD and NiMH counterparts. Finally, a growing trend among power manufacturers is to build the li-ion battery directly into the handle of the tool. While this reduces the size and cuts out the process of removing and replacing batteries, it also means that, once the battery dies, the tool must be replaced or shipped to a repair center to have the cells replaced.

There are some clear benefits of using lithium power tool batteries, but there are some drawbacks as well. If you think you may want to try another type of battery for your power tool, see which batteries are available for your model.

by: Bobby George
Should You Buy a Salvage Car? Get Taken Away With Liam Neeson On Directv Pay Per View Cinema High Paying Surveys – Get Paid Higher For Every Survey Enjoy Shopping Online In Vernon Jewelry Stores Buyback Textbook - Textbook Buyback Shopping for Designer Lingerie Online How can I reduce my monthly payment on my current lease? Should You Buy A Key Treadmill? How To Pay Less On Your Next Personal Check Order Benefit of buy salvage car Cheap Stop Snoring Mouthpiece Buy How To Buy A First Drum Set Online Shopping
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.220.1.239) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.012875 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3793, 962,
Should I Buy A Lithium Ion Power Tool Battery? Kista