Insurances.net
insurances.net » Buying Insurance » How To Buy A First Drum Set
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Buy A First Drum Set

I remember my first drum set like it was yesterday

. It was a piece of crap really but that sure didnt matter to me. My mom recognized my burning desire to play the drums and she spent hours trying to convince my father that it would be a good thing. Ill never know but I think she got the first little rag-tag kit against his orders just going on her gut feeling. Im a little vague as to where it came from exactly but I sure remember setting it up in my room. I had a snare drum my parents got me when I was around 7 so my mom got a red bass drum with one tom tom hanging on it and a hi-hat stand and cymbals. So I put my snare drum with the new red drums and voila! My first drum set. I set it up in my bed room and was only allowed to play during certain hours. The whole neighborhood could hear me. My point for telling this story is that the first drum set I had was nothing much to look at but to me it meant the world. This applies to your situation as well. If your child TRULY wants to play the drums, he or she wont mind if its not the best drum set in the universe. You could really even start with a snare drum, hi-hat and bass drum. Those 3 parts are the foundational pieces of a drum set and a lot of coordination can be improved with just these items. If your son or daughter can sound good on beats with these 3, adding tom toms in and a ride cymbal will be the next step. They will surely sound good adding more in if the foundation of the drum set house is in place correctly. Most people get a 4 or 5 piece drum set to start with a hi-hat and ride cymbal. (maybe a separate crash cymbal as well) 4 piece refers to the drums, not cymbals and would be one tom tom on the bass drum. A 5 piece, probably the most common drum set of all is two tom toms on the bass drum. Yamaha, Pearl, Ludwig, Drummers Workshop, and Remo are all companies that have been around a long time that sell good beginner drum sets. There are a bunch of new companies like Pacific and Pulse and Sound Percussion that are owned by a bigger company and doing their best to make money off of the rock and roll explosion. These sets are fine as well although they wont last as long as a better brand. They are a great way to see if your child actually is going to stick with practicing. You can find used sets on Craigslist.com, Ebay and of course music you can find new sets at music stores like Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Georges Music etc. Look matters to kids. IF you are able to get the color they like and the number of drums they like, you obviously have a real happy kid on your hands. The biggest difference between the better manufacturers is that the hardware (cymbal stands and bass drum pedal) is more sturdy and of course the drums will sound better because they are made with much higher quality materials. Please feel free to email me and ask any further questions or just get my free ebooks: Drum Set Magicand Drum Lines For Kids. Todd Omohundro has played over 5000 performances as a drummer, piano player and singer. He has taught music for over 17 years in private and public schools. Todd started an elemenrtary drum line that has played at 76er games in Philadelphia.

by: Todd Omohundro
Online Shopping Why Buy A Vita Mix Blender? Pounds Till Payday-Now, Everyday Will Be A Payday Really should I Buy a Medicare Supplement Program Or a Medicare Advantage Program? Connecticut Taxpayers Need To Be Prepared For Amt (a Mean Tax) Parcel delivery goes online shopping Compare Prices & Online Shopping The SurePayroll Advantage Best Pay Monthly Deals: Striking Pay Monthly Deals At Best Possible Price Shopping online for a vending machine Save big with cheap shopping ideas online It pays to keep your store room organized… Easy And Convenient Virtual Shopping Malls Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.204.208) / Processed in 0.012641 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 3211, 962,