Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Seasonal Beer Reviewed - Oktoberfest by Summit Brewing Company
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Seasonal Beer Reviewed - Oktoberfest by Summit Brewing Company

The autumn season introduces a number of simple pleasures such as the color change of leaves, a frosty bite in the air and last but not least the creation of various seasonal beers. The month of October is synonymous with harvest time. You don't have to be a farmer to enjoy harvest because everyone needs to eat. Harvest time celebrations are enough reason to indulge in the bounty of beers often found at Oktoberfest.

With Oktoberfest going strong I decided to try the Marzen brewed beer called Oktoberfest offered by Summit Brewing Company. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Summit Brewing Company has a number if microbrews that can be usually found in the Long Beach area. Those looking for this beer should check such stores as Trader Joes, Whole Foods and even some of the grocery stores such as Pavilions, as there are many stores now selling a variety of specialty or seasonal beers.

When I poured my cold glass of beer, I couldn't help but notice the head with its characteristic cream color. The bronze colored liquid was very deeply colored because of the Marzen brewing technique, and quite surprisingly it lacked carbonation. I was a bit concerned when the aroma struck me as being a bit on the funky, possibly spoiled side.

However, despite these concerns the taste of the beer is of the utmost importance. Despite the fact that the beer initially smelled as if it may be spoiled, the taste was a very delectable sweet malty flavor that was not at all overpowering. The texture of the beer was very rich and it had a nice thick consistency. As I was drinking the beer, the texture remained pretty consistent throughout. The beer was spicy, but I didn't notice hops in the beer. I wasn't really concerned about the lack of the taste of hops as this can be expected with beer from Oktoberfest. When drinking the beer, the taste of alcohol became very obvious about halfway through drinking.

I will say that this particular Oktoberfest beer is decent, but there are better seasonal beers out there. In any case, Summit Brewing Company did okay with this particular seasonal beer. This beer was one the sweet side and not at all difficult to drink. I am very happy that my initial thoughts of this beer being undrinkable and spoiled due to its smell where not valid. In reality, this beer is quite easy to drink.

In all, I do recommend that you give this particular Oktoberfest beer a try at your local bar or you can pick it up at a local store. It may not be the best seasonal beer available, but it has a pretty smooth texture and it is easy to drink. It also has a volume of 7.7% alcohol. It would be a shame to let autumn go by without trying some beers for Oktoberfest. In most cases, it would probably be best to find this particular beer and other seasonal beers on the tap as they usually taste much better this way. Not to mention this is the way in which microbrews were made to be consumed. If I had to give the Summit Brewing Company Oktoberfest beer a rating on a scale from 1 to 10 it would get a 6. However, if you can find this beer on tap there is a possibility that the taste could be substantially better thus increasing the rating.
Cheat Your Way Thin Pdf-Cheat Your Way Thin Review Choosing the Right Financial Planning Companies Organize Your Financial Planning What Is A Chartered Financial Consultant? Honest Review of the Anco 31 Series 3121 Wiper Blade PS3 Light Fix Review- Fix Your Own Gaming Console Review Of The Malem Bedwetting Alarm Certified Financial Planner: A Good Career? Finding A Chartered Financial Counselor Be A Financial Investment Counselor Supplement Reviews Understanding Investment To Seek Financial Investment Planners Cityville Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.214.69) / Processed in 0.011081 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3319, 385,