Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal-Finance » Round Table: HPs purchase of Palm, and what it means
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Round Table: HPs purchase of Palm, and what it means

Going to the chapel, and we gonna get pur-ur-ur-chased

. ..

Welcome to the Round Table, which is not at all in fact table. Round Table is still a series PreCentral where to ask a question to the staff and provide their thoughts and observations. The question may be something simple, like What is your favorite app webOS? Or something a bit more complicated, eg why Palm do you choose the creepy And we simply can finally talk about our favorite episode, Alf, you never know. Today, however, we are going to make a crack at the big news of the week: HP buys Palm, and what does it mean?

Craig: This is a really great result for HP and Palm. Only one of the major players such as HP can take Apple at this time. HP needs a unique phone operating system, but nothing stands out running Windows or Android phone. Plus we got our first glimpse of the new tablet product webOS and saw the list of new features for webOS coming this fall.

The best outcome will be such that HP will not Palm self-esteem issues. Sometimes we forget that Palm phones are like our phones. Almost a year later, Palm is permitted only five of the 300 amendments to be included in webOS. HP Image letting Palm Pre to be as powerful as one of our Pres: If you have concerns about the Palm with a capacity sufficient to market or project, fear no. This is an exciting time!

Derek: While were all very excited that HPs energy potential is introduced to the Palm, I can t help but my temper enthusiasm with some fear, uncertainty and doubt. HP is a large company, in fact they are so huge that you are the biggest technology company in the Fortune 500(clocking in as the tenth largest company in the U.S.). While HP brings a lot of money to table and the ability to significantly grow the Palm of resources and muscles, as well as ensuring their corporate culture. Palm will act as the enterprise in the HP, but that does not mean that it will be an independent faction. There is a way of doing things HP, and Palm will have to Finally responding.

Of course, I do not know exactly what HP is the corporate culture. Do not get the worlds largest provider of technology through the bad, and it is clear that whatever happens in Sunnyvale were just not working for Palm, so said that the redeployment was necessary would be to understate the matter. What do I worry so much influence on organizational culture, as someone focused on the openness of the Palm. The pursuit of comprehensive homebrew community webOS partly from necessity, homebrew developers only helped to increase webOS in the Palm engineers had not thought, and helped to strengthen and appease the important members of enthusiasts. But with the support of big money with HP, Palm will not have to ask the community get things done. Still, I hope so, but there is nothing by guarantee.

Im still cautiously optimistic. Or maybe I expected that HP will give their phone division is floundering worse than the Palm and I believe that HP will do better things than the Palm HTC, Lenovo or any of the other suitors rumors, I still have my worries.

Dieter: This is one of those purchases, which in retrospect makes much sense. Its very clear to me that HP understands two things: the most important technology sector is moving forward will be mobile devices from HP and was not well positioned in this space. It is also confirmation that the Palm(and Apple), if the right: best to have a firm works on both hardware and software in the agreement. There are many unanswered questions: whether to remain the Palm brand? Is HPs culture meshes well with the Palm? HP will have the stomach to remain fully open webOS? We have two answers that we did not have before, that First, webOS will survive and grow, as HP is deadly serious about making a splash at this point and has the money to return to that intention. Secondly, HP really wants to get to the plate webOS slate device. Although I have reservations about the questions no response, both of these answers made me very excited.

Jason: Im so pumped to see Palm finally from the financial risks. Palm is very supportive and accommodation of the developers but little that is, when Palm was in danger would be the belly. now there is no excuse for developers not to port the application for webOS, Palm will not disappear any time soon. Palm chances have at least one new device in the pipeline of the standard twelve-month release cycle . I would be willing to bet the HP, but I see whats in development. Due to the acquisition of Palm, which may indicate what they like to have seen. Its obvious that Palm is aware of competition and the announcement of a new generation of systems / devices : Phone Windows 7, iPhone OS 4, Evo HTC, BlackBerry 6, etc.

Palm has to go all-out with their next high-end equipment, and taking into account the new funds can provide HP, Palm will be able to . Palm will not depend on carriers, bending to their needs. Best yet, marketing has enormous potential for improvement. And do not forget about the possibility of non-smartphone, which can now be equipped with webOS. Film is obvious, but I personally would kill to netvertible see(like the ASUS Eee PC T101MT) equipped webOS. Keyboards hardware that would not be needed all the time go webOS philosophy Pre Pre Plus and has instilled. Frankly, Im excited with all the possible acquisition by HP will provide.

Jonathan: First, second and third thought: Im delighted. HP is well-recognized leader in the U.S., with a strong presence in both consumer and all the important business market, a strong existing relations of production and no preexisting commitments partner, which can significantly contrary to the webOS(Windows Mobile is not a major part of HP, in contrast to Googles Android on the HTC). The fact that HP has already designed tablet(Slate), and worked for the hardware design issues, plus a huge potential.

As for acquisitions, although the medium and long-term fate of Palm s culture and people is unclear. For now, at least, HP seems to be interested in maintaining a distinct brand identity Palm status and as individuals, but some jobs redundant(eg HR, perhaps marketing, finance, etc.) will almost certainly be jeopardized. We also do not yet know whether it would be willing to HP in terms of business conduct and openness webOS(good) hacker service. Despite the fact that Palm no longer has to depend on the whims and vagaries of the market for the survival of the carrier is a huge plus. I wish everyone associated with the transaction is an easy time, and hope for great things in the future.

Keith: scoops to HP, and Palm will attempt to nurse a child with the calf back to health. Sweet! This is my first reaction and should be for most users webOS(Heck, even the potential users to get excited webOS, and rightly so). Palm will have the fat wallets of effective business behind them and the excitement of this company to boot. Yes, HP is just as happy as a snap Palm Palm to be bought. The honeymoon is a time for annoying that the feature that seems sweet at this time can be a problem along the line, but who cares now.

Im going to assume that in the HP corporate subcultures are more stringent that the freethinking engineer-come-what types of businesses by Palm. Does this mean, pretty attractive openness and creativity that arose webOS(fun fact: webOS was no reason the project for at Palm and actually took what was to be Nova) will be something along the lines inhibits the HP because it is not so cute anymore? Problem was, no HP, Palm has been sentenced to home. Elevation Partners to earn ANY is really impressive, so the dollars is a non-issue Palm may arise from the ashes and improve their product(line equipment) worth webOS? * Shakes Magic 8 Ball app * Outlook is good. It is damn easy

Robert: This agreement is significant. HPs acquisition of Palms vault to the elite club that there is really one of the other members: the technology company that has deep pockets, huge amounts of IP, and tone-scale vertically integrated approach to computing that is, a complete control on the development and implementation of hardware, software and services . Of course, one can say that Research in Motion employs a similar model, but they just phones(and services) and the smartphone will be only one of many factors to achieve a revolution in the ubiquity of mobile phones.

This is redemption, by the undertaking, in particular, is probably the best solution for Palm. At the moment, there is no way Palm would be able to really compete. EEK out a small(and perhaps lasting) per cent market share, certainly, but the company would not be able to achieve the scale necessary to affect the market significantly, continued to attack the phone Android and Windows 7 next device will continue to inhibit the growth of the company and one of the best mobile operating systems ever created would be relegated to a small niche, not seeing it in the spotlight(and mobile computing in general) deserve.

Generally, this has the potential to be extremely beneficial to our consumers, but it all was based on HPs ability to engage in a culture of innovation in Palm, which was the driving force webOS and related products we see today. If they can use the Palm efficiency of engineering and creative vision and apply that to all the companys mobile operations of the product, we will see the first products that truly rival those of other countries in the elite club, in all forms of factors.

Phil Nickinson , Editor, and Android Central : Someone had to buy a Palm. It was only a matter of who. HP will be the right fit? We will have to see. Turning the sinking ship and this is exactly what Palm around is never easy, as we saw last year and a half years. HP provides a very strong consumer brand, even one that I am willing to bet a large number of the current smartphone users do not even know, but the PDA in the game long time ago. There are still many unanswered questions, the largest of which is: Does Palm still retain its identity by the business entity is HP? And Palm will give the HP? Palm will be how employees react? There is a mass exodus on the road?

CEO Jon Rubinstein made it sounds as if he had plans was not able to make the financial situation of the Palm. We need to see if HP gives Palm the financial and creative freedom in this regard.

Rene Ritchie , Editor, TiPb : Unlike Derek, I would not have put my money on the HP is smart enough to snap up Palm. They have the resources and reach to achieve great things, but until yesterday were content licensed operating systems, goods and slap them on average hardware. Buying Palm is a bold, gutsy and radically changes the landscape phones. Palm probably all be out of all the engineering in the industry last year with the release of webOS but a number of problems with equipment, missteps and errors, carrier marketing hamstrung them. HP has a huge bank account to establish the market, but theyll need to nail and carriers, and equipment. On average just will not do. Also, HP should have informed them of dumping Windows Phone to go on all the webOS. Palm needs a vision and emphasis in the future. Security is for the timid. He said that I can not wait to see the amazing phones and yes, pills they enter the market next year. Palm webOS and find a good home, and competition will be faster and better. Congratulations to all the Palm and HP. To do something great.

Via: Round Table: HPs purchase of Palm, and what it means

Related Posting Search Result:Roundtable: What to Expect at CES

Again, again PreCentral roundtable , where your favorite Dorks webOS + one guest to announce, well, something inte...Round Table: Improving webOS

Welcome to the Round Table, which is not actually in the table at all. Round Table is still a series PreCentral w...

Round Table: HPs purchase of Palm, and what it means

By: blue93
Debt Collection - Helping You With Your Debts Purchase A Fish Costume Today! New Debt Settlement Applications For 2010 Purchase The Little Giant Ladders On The Web How You Can Purchase Best Kind Of Cubic Zirconia Jewelry? Magic function of MBT shoes focus people to purchase and try their best to walk out great effects Now Might Be The Time To Purchase An Aircraft You can now purchase exceptional Gucci sneakers Choose Mission Debt Settlement for a Debt Free Future Purchase Youth Wrestling Shoes On-line How to Purchase a Luxury Watch for Your Dear Ones? Gathering Purchasers Through Twitter Debt Settlement Options In 2010 - Learn How To Get Your Debt Bought Out
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.216.34.146) Baden-Wurttemberg / Pforzheim Processed in 0.020441 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 50 , 12347, 179,
Round Table: HPs purchase of Palm, and what it means Pforzheim