Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Rhyming Words: 3 Simple Ways to Teach Kids to Rhyme
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Rhyming Words: 3 Simple Ways to Teach Kids to Rhyme

Learning to rhyme has significant benefits for children. For instance, rhyming helps improve auditory skills, enhance vocabulary and improve speech. Rhyming also enables children to recognize word families, an important skill for beginning readers. Below are three simple ways to teach kids to rhyme. Before you begin, be sure to tell children what rhyming words are. Rhyming words are words that have the same ending sound, but different beginning sounds.

1. Read Nursery Rhymes. Reading nursery rhymes to children is a great way to teach kids to rhyme. Start with simple nursery rhymes and as you read the rhymes, ask children to select the rhyming words. For instance, "Which words in Jack and Jill went up the hill rhyme?"

2. Play the Rhyming Game. If you're a parent, this game is a fun and educational way to pass time whether you're on a road trip or waiting at the doctor's office. Tell your child that you are going to play the rhyming game. For example, "Let's play this game. This is how you play. First, I'll say a word. Then you'll say a word that rhymes!" After you explain the game, point to an object and say the word, i.e., "car" and wait for your child to say a word that rhymes, like "star" or "jar."Rhyming Words: 3 Simple Ways to Teach Kids to Rhyme

If you're an elementary school teacher, this game can be adapted for the classroom using a beanbag. Arrange your students in a circle. Tell your students that you are going to play the rhyming game. For example, "Let's play this game. This is how you play. First, I'll say a word and then I'll throw the beanbag to Mark. When Mark catches the beanbag, he'll say a word that rhymes. Then Mark will throw the beanbag to Amy. When Amy catches the beanbag, she'll say a word that rhymes." Supervise students as they throw the beanbag around the circle.

3. Use Rhyming Worksheets. Rhyming worksheets are an excellent way to teach kids to rhyme. As a teacher, I suggest hands-on worksheets because they involve students in the learning process. My students enjoy cutting and pasting. Not only is it a fun way to get students involved, but it's a great way to build fine motor skills!

Whether you're a parent or an elementary school teacher, teaching children to rhyme doesn't have to be difficult. Reading nursery rhymes, playing the Rhyming Game and using rhyming worksheets are all fun ways to teach kids to rhyme!
Weight Loss After Childbirth 'should Be Gradual' Mouth breathing effects in toddlers, infants, babies and children and its correction How Kids Enjoy With Construction Toys Backpack Safety For Kids And Parents Coffee Does Not Seem Detrimental For Unborn Child How Kids Learning Toys Are Beneficial Is My Child Ready For Soccer Training? Rash guard swims shirts and sun shirts make sense for kids and adults Baby Learning Toys Help Children Develop! Kids Microphone With Stand Young child Bedding Units - Decorating for your son or daughter Should You Give Vitamins to Your Child? Can Art Workshops Help Children Labeled as ‘Behavioural'?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.109.211) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.011751 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2520, 956,
Rhyming Words: 3 Simple Ways to Teach Kids to Rhyme Ann Arbor