Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Review of Cold Steel American Lawman
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Review of Cold Steel American Lawman

Built like a tank! This American Lawman folder is a great knife for every day use in any situation.

Being a police officer, deputy sheriff or state trooper is often a thankless job performed under frequently dangerous and trying circumstances.

Cold Steel is pleased to give these real American Heroes a knife named in their honor and expressly designed to serve them the American Lawman.Review of Cold Steel American Lawman

The drop point blade is civilian friendly in appearance yet big, wide and most importantly, pointed enough for any cutting or piercing task.

Since law enforcement officers never really know what is in store for them from one shift to the next, we thought it was very important to make the American Lawmans handle as versatile and user friendly as possible.

Keeping a firm grip on their knife when their hands are cold, wet, tired or oily is also a major priority for law enforcement officers.

Having the lock break on your folder is serious and may result in badly cut fingers. But if the lock fails on a police officers knife, it could be a genuine disaster and result in loss of life or limb.

Specifications

Blade: 3 1/2

Overall: 8 1/8

Thick: 3.5mm

Weight: 5.4 oz.

Steel: Japanese AUS 8A Stainless

What I like about the knife:

1. When the Lawman goes into the locked position, you immediately hear a snap like you've never heard before. The new Triad lock design is perhaps the strongest on the market. Not only is there no up and down or side to side movement in the lock, but I have a hard time seeing it fail in ANY situation.

2. The G-10 handle gives you a nice anti-slip grip. The handle is also designed to allow for multiple carry or finger placement options.

3. At 3.5 inches long, the drop point style blade comes razor sharp out of the box. This size blade is perfect in my opinion. It is legal to carry with you anywhere and strong enough to be a very rugged utility knife.

4. I've always had good experiences with AUS 8A stainless steel, and the American Lawman is no exception. It seems hold an edge very well and is soft enough to easily sharpen when it comes time to do so. The black powder coated finish gives you additional rust resistance.

5. My left handed friends will love the fact that the pocket clip and thumb studs are ambidextrous to allow for right or left handed carry.

What I didn't like:

I only wish that the American Lawman were available with a half or fully serrated blade. This would help with everyday work chores.

Overall:

Although the American Lawman is brand new for Cold Steel's 2008 lineup, I imagine it being around for many years to come. You'll have a hard time finding a knife with such a strong and attractive design at a reasonable price. Thumbs up!
Emergency is probably the first word to spring to mind when you see a LED Warning light Luxury Holiday apartments My SA holiday Replica Tag Heuer Formula 1 - the Good Christmas Gifts for your Grandpa Where & How To Find Affordable Health Insurance & Travel Insurance African drums Legend of Egypt Travel Packages from USA 12 Days Dave the Funky Shoulder Monkey - Top Seller at Christmas 2010 Legend of Egypt budget tours from USA 12 Days Kenya in Africa Fly London a Fashion Brand for Youth How to choose Taylormade Rossa Tourismo Putter ? Why You Should Visit Kenya as a Tourist
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.141.200.180) / Processed in 0.012476 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 2973, 954,