Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Review: The Sims 3: Ambitions
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Review: The Sims 3: Ambitions

Work has always been an essential part of Sims' life

, but until now, this part of their existence has been hidden from you. You have worked with their properties and attempted to satisfy various career demands, but once they have stung off the job, they have largely been on autopilot until they came home again. Many have wanted more control over your Sims' professional life, and with the expansion pack Ambitions they get just that.

The job is his life

This expansion pack delivers namely a handful of new careers that do not work as the game's old jobs. Instead, they are almost more reminiscent of adventure missions in World Adventures extension, because your Sims get specific, job-related assignments that must be resolved manually. When the job is done you will pay, and sometimes also other rewards. In the beginning you probably rely on you to do low paid jobs, but as you gain experience, you also get better jobs offering more money to the household.

The new types of jobs including fireman, stylist, detective, ghost hunter and interior designer / architect, and in addition, the medical profession has been amended to partially a result the new system. You may also be self-employed, and earn money on the sculptures, inventions and more traditional things (like fishing, painting or writing). Do you Travel Adventures can also work to create nectar or a photographer.

The result is greater freedom, and an even closer bond with your Sims. Some of the jobs have open working times so that your Sim can be at work all the time if you wish. Are you as a detective, you can at any time be called by clients, or obtain employment with the city's police station. Thus, you can choose whether you want to be cliche detective who has no life outside of work, or the slightly looser version that only works when there are bills to be paid.

Much to do

Although this option guarantees would be something a lot of Sims fanatics, it is obviously not just-just to suddenly take control of your Sims when they are at work, especially if your household has several adult Sims under the same roof. Many of the jobs require a lot of detail, namely, governance, and thus much involvement from you. If, for example, has two adult Sims are at work in very different places, as you'll try to keep control over some home, it will be much to do at once.

The advantage of not having control over your Sims when they are at work is exactly that you can concentrate on other things when they're gone. In a hectic schedule, this may almost be a relief, because you get the opportunity to focus on the needs of those who remain. Do not get me wrong, I do not complain about the opportunity to control your Sims even in certain occupations. But while I'm enough to send most of my own Sims into regular careers now that the testing of the dream job is over.

It should be noted that some jobs allow you to do much at home in your own house if you will, while others (as a stylist and interior designer) pauses the game while performing tasks. And choose to be self-employed, you can work at your own pace with fun hobbies you probably would use a lot of time anyway. If you choose this type of work you can sell your creations in a thrift store, which also lets them earn a little extra to sell things they no longer need.

Is it really so much fun at work?

However, it is not only bad times that make me consider sending my Sims back to the ordinary occupations. The truth is, namely that, in the same way that work in real life, many of these jobs are reasonably uniform. Take the detective profession, for example. For every interesting thing you get, there are so many young pee issues that must be solved. Jobs goes on to write gossip on internet forums or interviewing people to determine that the client goes to sleep was fairly uninteresting the first time they appeared, and gore dull the fifth time.

Other professions are implemented in a way that requires you to be a bit "nice" to the game. An example is the architect / interior design. Here you go into build mode, and make certain changes that the owners of the house wants. But artificial intelligence is terribly complicated and demanding, and when all is said and done, the simulated people Maxis has put together very simple. They have obviously no real aesthetic sense, and therefore can only Plopp the changes without having to worry about it being good or not. This again removes some of virkelighetsillusjonen game otherwise so good at building up - it is so obvious that everything is false.

But if you take some responsibility yourself and play around with the game, it is of course wonderful to be able to get creative with other people's money. The same situation we are in the stylist profession, and although I have about as much fashion sense (and interest) that you expect from an old game nerd, I think it was fun to fix on clothes, makeup and hair to get customers to see good. I could simply not resist taking the job seriously, and have spent so much time to consider color combinations and styles that homophobic in me getting anxious.

A lot of other new

Besides the new professions, there are several other news Ambitions. Sims' daily routines such as expanded, in that they change clothes regularly. Old shift should be collected, washed, dried and cleared away, and although this is not a direct exciting addition to the Sims virtual life makes them feel a little more complete and realistic. I just wish the laundry went as fast in reality as it does here.

The city also expanded with a number of new buildings (which you'll put out yourself, when you start the increase for the first time). These are a fire station, a junkyard, a beauty salon (with stylist and tattoo artist), a laundry and a thrift shop. The package also includes the way a new neighborhood where these buildings are ferdigutplassert. Okay, if you start to get tired of the familiar faces in the old neighborhood.

I have already visited the two new hobbies that are introduced with the dream job, but they deserve a little more attention. Creative Sims can now create sculptures. In the beginning, the possibilities of their limited - they can make bad clay figurines that are not good for anything other than stowed away in the lowest and darkest basement (although I have a whole gallery of crappy "art" well hidden where nobody can see it). But as they get better, they can unlock new materials to work with, and they can also create sculptures by other Sims. It is even possible to make ice sculptures for festive occasions.

Inventor hobby is also exciting. You can go to the scrap heap to find old junk, and let your Sim experiment with it to see what he finds. In the beginning we are talking about reasonably simple cases (such as new toys and trinkets), but as the inventor gain experience you can look forward to affordable exotic objects - including time machines and simboter (brilliant). Not exactly realistic, but certainly entertaining.

We also get some new items, of course. Many of these are related to the new professions and hobbies (as well as laundry and dry), but the news that a trampoline and a strange outfield called Gnubb falls definitely in flavor. Simmer at menopause can also enjoy the opportunity to buy a motorcycle. I must still say that I wish for more. My Sims has plenty of money in the bank now, but it is not so much fun to use them, other than ordinary ornaments and furniture, and pork expensive cars.

Unfortunately it can also serve as the package introduces some new "bugs", for I have begun to experience a very annoying situation where people seem unable to climb stairs. It may well be this is a latent error in the main game, but for my part turned up at the first installation of Ambitions.

Conclusion

The Sims 3: Your dream job is a great expansion pack, all in all. It's fun to be able to take control of your Sim while they are at work, but many of the new jobs are characterized by repetition and half boring filler. If you have more adults in the same household may also be stressful to juggle multiple jobs simultaneously, but this depends on what work is involved and how many Sims are in your household. The ability to work as self employed is certainly welcome, and new hobbies are excellent contributions to the game. The other smanyhetene is not to be despised.

Review: The Sims 3: Ambitions

By: kaia
RegGenie Review - the some convenient registry solution across the globe Rocket Chinese Review - Must Read Before You Buy Rocket Chinese! Male Extra Reviews - Does MaleExtra Work? Trying to Be Your Own IT Provider? - It's Your Time & Money Review of White Death Advanced Review Of The Sem Mag Erasure P3 Magnetic Media Degausser FREE MONEY Sources To Improve Your Life! Where Can We Get FREE Money? Betting Exchange United States - Can You Make Money FTSE Betting? William Hill Horse Racing Results Yesterday - A Preview of May's UK Horse Racing Budget Prague Hotels, Cheap But Certainly Cheerful Goodwood Horse Racing Results Today - The Catalyst Horse Racing System Review Gsneak Review- Should You Spend Your Money On It? Stream Direct User Reviews
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.140.186.201) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.015621 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 8682, 385,
Review: The Sims 3: Ambitions Ann Arbor