Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Review Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Review Canon EOS 5D Mark II

I can't say much more than what's already been said however in my arsenal

of lenses both Canon and non-Canon, I've found differences in IQ that are now noticeable whereas my 30D could not "see" any differences. Lenses are Canon EF 70-200-mm f4, Canon EF 28-135m f4-f5.6, Sigma 18-50-mm f2.8, Tokina 11-16-mm f2.8. First the Digital Tokina. As expected the vignette is bad at 11mm but at 16mm perfectly acceptable and still sharp. The Sigma is untested at the moment. The Canon EF 28-135-mm is soft at all settings and the Canon EF 70-200-mm is excellent at all zoom ranges. With a trip coming up to California and the Oregon coast I'll have the Canon EF 70-200-mm and the Tokina along and put both to the test. The Sigma I'm guessing may be fine at 50-mm as it shows some softness below f5.6 on my 30D.

I'll report back on my successes as well as the not so great successes.

I purchased the Canon 5D for it's video quality, I am really a Nikon user of many years and actually I use it with Nikon lenses. I have found that Canon does tweak images in camera more than Nikon does so I prefer to use Nikon when it comes to stills.

Video quality is the reason I got it, I do nature documentary films and used a Panasonic HVX-200 with a 35mm lens adapter to get a more filmic image and the capability of using long Nikon lenses.

I did get most of both wishes and it was fun at the beginning but the camera turned into a huge and heavy monster. This along with all the rest of the equipment needed made me quit using the adapter and finally sold the camera.

For most of my video needs with a proper camera I now have a HPX-150 and pulled away from P2 and quit the adapter as well.

The Canon 5D is not a video cam per se and can't seamlessly be used as one, but the image quality it produces is fantastic and makes one work hard at getting footage with it.

You will need to brush up on your technique as you do need to know what you are doing with speed and f stops and ND filters and lighting. The 5D reminds one of film cameras, that once aperture is set up (it runs at 180 deg) it's a shoot / stop one button camera !

Should your dilemma be 5D or 7D... go 5D ! The image is more organic and the larger pixel count of the sensor eventually show in terms of better resolution and better low light images.

Nikon lenses work perfect and quite cheap adapters are readily available and working with SD cards is great !

Cons... no real quality sound, and this is a big con as you will eventually need a portable recorder and sync sound with the one images obtained.

You do need to work on the ergonomy since it's designed to be a stills camera and it's awkward to move like a real moving image camera.

Hope this helps!

Read More...

Review Canon EOS 5D Mark II

By: ShellSort
Asset finance from trafalgarleasing.co.uk Dont Buy Ian Kessler's Male Multiple Orgasm Until You Read This Review Judging The Potential: Performance Review What Are Direct Hard Money Lenders? Acoustical Sound Absorption Material Review Foot Creams: Review Before Use Magnetic Sponsoring Infection - Fraud Or Effective - Authotity Review Earning Money Through Hard Work Etf Trend Trading Review: User Feedback Etf Trend Trading Review: Why Buy And Hold Doesn't Work A Career In Court Reporting Is Both Financially And Personally Rewarding Rocket Spanish Review: How To Keep It Simple Lifevantage & Protandim Review Can You Make Any Money??
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.204.211) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.012582 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3520, 385,
Review Canon EOS 5D Mark II Campo Grande