Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Recession of 2010: Recession Spending Secrets That Will Help You Thrive
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Recession of 2010: Recession Spending Secrets That Will Help You Thrive

Author: Roy Primm

The recession spending secrets of 2008 and 2009 will change in 2010. The radical consumers who are determined to not only survive but thrive have found a new set of rules for the recession of 2010. Theyve quickly found the old spending rules of the past are not as effective now as they were in previous years or even months.

So like any effective plan of action theyve learned to adapt to more effective solutions. In the last year retailers have adapted to the new consumer attitude of waiting for sales, shopping around and holding out for end of season sales, liquidations and inventory clearance sales.

Now retailers are simply ordering less inventory and waiting out the consumer if possible. This puts less pressure on many retailers to negotiate, give major price breaks or even offer price reductions, so a new set of rules have to apply in 2010, especially now that the holidays are over. The retailers that are still left standing will be tougher to deal with than they were in 2009.

Heres 3 recession money saving secrets for 2010:

1. Negotiate smarter not harder.

Before you could come in like a linebacker and negotiate with many merchants and retailers. This was especially true for those with cold inventories, slow sales and nervous creditors ringing their phones off the hook.

But now that many retailer have adjusted their operations to lean and mean and reduced their inventories back to manageable sizes many are more cautious concerning negotiating. But as the saying goes everything is still negotiable, especially in a recession.

So. if you find a retailer not willing to negotiate, simple find another retailer selling the same product or service who will. Now youll have to negotiate smarter, meaning know whose selling the product you want for what price, do your comparison price research, know who the major competitors are and take advantage of competitor pricing many stores have when you can.

2. Shop More From Your House With Your Mouse.

While most retailers will be forced to still offer bargains, markdowns and specials, this attitude is quickly expanding to online retailers as well. The pressure is on internet retailers to offer bargains to at least match or beat brick and mortar stores.

Although it much harder to negotiate with online retailers than it is with physical stores, it can still be done, most people overlook this simple secret. When you want to negotiate with an online retailer make sure youre emailing or talking to someone who is authorized to negotiate, like a manager or owner. Avoid negotiating with a phone order operator, secretary or clerk.

3. Beware of the 30 day rule.

With so many bargains, specials and deals still available in 2010 it may be tempting to buy. Thats why I would suggest you acquaint yourself with my 30 day rule. This simple rule have helped me avoid buying stuff I dont need, wont use and in time will force me to sell at a discount to other or give away.

If you are familiar with the various home shopping channels you no doubt could benefit from this money saving and junk avoiding rule. The rule simple states Am I going to use this product at least once a month or every 30 days? If you cant answer a resounding yes, dont buy it, no matter how cheap it is. Youll be surprised how much money (and garageAbout the Author:

Discover 500 More Secrets Rags To Riches People Are Using To Thrive In This Recession ... Go to ...Recession Spending Secrets or Shopperscoach.com
How To Make Your Recession Money Last Recession Spending Secrets That Help You Thrive In Hard Times Power poker players - Make money form poker A Disorganized Dollar Store Stock Room Costs you Money Scholarship For Moms Best Financial Assistance To Pursue College Education Gold Refiners Offer Ways To Make Money From Trash The Delights Of Buffet Catering In Singapore The Appeal Of Buffet Catering - Singapore Style How To Be Wise When Deciding Who Will Modify Your Mortgage Loan Certain Steps To Follow When Modifying Your Mortgage Loan Forex Trading - It Would Be Helpful For You To Purchase A Forex Trading Robot Mortgage Modification - Chase Bank Loan Modification Help! I Am Going To Lose My Home, How Do I Prevent Foreclosure?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.248.248) / Processed in 0.006552 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3738, 385,
Recession of 2010: Recession Spending Secrets That Will Help You Thrive