Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Radio Flyer Classic - Is This Retro Trike One Of The Best Christmas Ideas You Could Have?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Radio Flyer Classic - Is This Retro Trike One Of The Best Christmas Ideas You Could Have?

Radio Flyer Classic - Is This Retro Trike One Of The Best Christmas Ideas You Could Have?

The Radio Flyer Classic really is a big one - classic that is!

With its fully retro design, closely reproduced down to the minutest detail, the cherry red, rubber wheeled Radio Flyer Classic tricycle is an undisputed classic. plainly they do still produce them like they used to! The trike features a chrome front fender, a double deck step at the back helping kids to climb onto the smooth seat in no time at all. There are also red and white tassles on the rubber coated handlebars, a 12" high steel spoked wheel and even an old fashioned bell.

Yes this is the classic Radio Flyer Classic almost unaltered from its initial design. That's why it made it into our Top 10 Christmas Gift Ideas. But being of a classic retro design does mean that its styling has not altered greatly or improved very much since the 1950's.

If I am asked if there are any issues with the Radio Flyer Classic, I would say yes there are a few, but being forewarned gives you the opportunity to manage them before they become serious issues.Radio Flyer Classic - Is This Retro Trike One Of The Best Christmas Ideas You Could Have?

We had initially bought the Radio Flyer Classic for our son for his second birthday and Christmas present (he was born on Christmas Eve). The Radio Classic trike when we we were researching them, was described as being suitable for children from the ages of 2. Our son, like his father is very tall. In fact at the time, he was on the 98th centile for his height. However, when he got on and tried to stretch his legs to turn the wheels, he couldn't - they just weren't long enough. Also when he sat on the Radio tricycle, he was right on the tips of his tippy toes that we felt wasn't ideal either.

So for two months or so, my son used his Radio Flyer Classic as a make-believe motorbike. He stood in front of it ringing the bell - which by the way, is one of the coolest sounding bike and trike bells that we have ever heard.

He also had a ball performing with the streamers on the handlebars as well as posing on the back step saying 'vroom, vroom' pretending he was moving super dooper fast.

Though I'm sure the health and safety conscious amongst us won't approve, our daughter loved standing on the back step holding tightly onto her brother as he carefully cycled around the garden. I know that back steps like this have been eliminated on recent trikes, but personally, this is where I think the health and safety police have gone a little mad. If you had heard the giggles and laughter that came from those two riding around you would have got a trike for every child that you know.

The only other small issue that my son encountered with Radio Flyer Classic was that as he sat so high on the trike, he sometimes leaned over when making a turn too quickly or coming off a sidewalk or pavement edge that sloped for access. This meant that he had to rapidly put his foot down to stop him going over completely. This was because the front wheel was small and thin.

Both my son and I soon realized this and made the necessary allowances and adjustments in his riding style to prevent it from occurring again. Because we knew what to expect, we didn't have the same concerns with our daughter when the Radio Flyer Classic was passed onto to her.

So still with the above issues I utterly love the Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle but would recommend it from 21/2 - 3 years of age.

Seeing our sons face on Christmas Day when he walked into the room was priceless. The pleasure that both he and his sister have got from riding and playing with it for so many years has meant that this was probably the best value present that we have ever bought for our children. In these days of belt tightening, that's something to bear in mind.Radio Flyer Classic - Is This Retro Trike One Of The Best Christmas Ideas You Could Have?

It still looks cool and trendy, but most significantly, it's still fun.

If only they made adult sized Radio Flyer Classic Tricycles...

By: Erin DuBois
DVD rental for halloween Travelpro Top Ten: Miami Start Your Wonderful Vacation with MantraTravels.com Tips for a Backpacking Holiday of a Lifetime The Insiders Look to Pacific Northwest Living How to Plan a Perfect Holiday Things to Consider When Striping your Parking Lot Why Should We Care About Celebrity Compatibility London sets a precedent Shipping Important Parcels to Paris, Minus the Worry and Hassle Buying Holiday Houses For Your Next Vacation Trick Or Treat! Learn How to Keep Your Jack-o-Lanterns Fresh For Halloween and Beyond Universities in Phoenix
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.86.121) / Processed in 0.014513 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 4480, 954,