Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » DVD rental for halloween
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

DVD rental for halloween

DVD rental for halloween

Halloween is one of the great secular holidays

. In the UK it's never caught on in the same way that it has in the United States but, partly as a result of movies, it's definitely getting there.

Spooky, scary movies are a huge part of Halloween now and there are plenty to choose from when the end of October rolls around.

In this article I'm going to argue that the best way to terrify yourself is with DVD rental and then suggest some movies that'll be spine-tingling no matter what the occasion.

So, why DVD rental for Halloween?DVD rental for halloween

The first reason is DVD rental free trials.

There are now many of these available from different companies and, for just renting DVDs at one time of year, they can't be beaten since it's possible to borrow movies free of charge for the whole of the month and then simply cancel the subscription so all your films will have been free.

Now, that's a scarily good idea.

The second reason for wanting to rent DVDs for Halloween as opposed to buying is that Halloween DVDs are rarely the ones you want to keep.

I have several pristine horror films in my collection - classics of the genre, all - looking shamefully well cared for beside some much-watching romances and comedies. I love them, maybe I'll watch them once a year but it wasn't really worth buying.

This is doubly true for blu ray discs because there's so expensive but don't cost any more to rent.

The reasons behind going for DVD rental for Halloween sorted, then, what should you watch?

I'll make three suggestions here: one for children, one moderately scary Halloween classic and one genuinely terrifying film for adults only.

A Halloween film for kids seems like a bit of a bizarre concept especially in the UK where the day is more for adult costume parties and teenagers throwing eggs at people's houses.

In the US, it's a lot more wholesome but this film pick is still a British one. 'Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit' from 2005 is a funny jaunt through the English countryside which doesn't even attempt to be genuinely frightening.

Fun for all the family and you'll only be keeping one eye on the family rabbit for a few days afterwards.

See also: 'Hocus Pocus' and 'Gremlins'.

The second pick is a true Halloween classic.

'A Nightmare on Elm Street' has had about a billion sequels but none have held a candle to the original. Look out for Johnny Depp's first film appearance.

See also: 'Candyman' and 'Scream'.

Third shout out goes films that leave you genuinely unable to sleep: 'Wicker Man', 'Event Horizon' and 'Antichrist' three random salutes in your direction.

A special mention should also go out to any film rental service that also includes game rental.

There are many scary games out there to rent so it's sometimes worth switching to a film and game package for October to take advantage of this.

DVD rental for halloween

By: Julia Cook
Travelpro Top Ten: Miami Start Your Wonderful Vacation with MantraTravels.com Tips for a Backpacking Holiday of a Lifetime The Insiders Look to Pacific Northwest Living How to Plan a Perfect Holiday Things to Consider When Striping your Parking Lot Why Should We Care About Celebrity Compatibility London sets a precedent Shipping Important Parcels to Paris, Minus the Worry and Hassle Buying Holiday Houses For Your Next Vacation Trick Or Treat! Learn How to Keep Your Jack-o-Lanterns Fresh For Halloween and Beyond Universities in Phoenix Chaise Lounge Chairs help You Relax
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.189.157.80) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.013179 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 3269, 954,
DVD rental for halloween Pirapozinho