Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Post Financial Crisis Impact On Mining
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Post Financial Crisis Impact On Mining

Looking for capital to finance a green field mining project without a proven track record

? Good luck with the big banks. Major lenders are as reluctant as ever to offer project financing to the industry"s lesser known players, as a risk-aversion hangover lingers from the financial crisis -- even though base metals prices have rallied in recent months. "Bankers have been more risky on project financing," Alberto Migliucci, head of mining, oil and gas, South East Asia at Credit Suisse, told the China Mining conference on Tuesday. "Basically anything to do with exploration or long-term development has been most impacted," he added. "Any new project -- let"s say zinc mines that would start first production in 2-3 years time -- will suffer." China has driven the metals price rally, fueled by government money channeled to its stimulus plans, direct state stockpiling and a huge loosening of credit. Metals markets are widely forecast to continue to rebound from weak demand levels last year when the financial crisis decimated global industrial activity. Copper for three-month delivery on the London Metals Exchange hit $6,570 a tone on Tuesday, its highest in more than a year, lifted by a weakening dollar and prospects for a global economic recovery. And next year, analysts are tipping iron ore price increases of up to 15 percent as steelmakers ramp up operations and seek more ore. Both small and large miners are searching for funds to expand and to cash in on the rebound. Fortes cue Metals failed to secure $6 billion in proposed financing from China to more than double annual output to 95 million tones by tapping new mines deeper in the Pilbara. Banks are not willing to return to their old ways, and will most likely only offer project financing to well-established players instead of risky start-ups. hammer crusher:http://www.hx-crusher.com/hammer_crusher.html raymond mill:http://www.hxjq-crusher.com/11.html sand maker:http://www.hxjq-crusher.com/58.html "Just prior to the crisis, a lot of silly money was going around," Migliucci said. "A lot of new entrants take on these Greenfield projects. I can give an example in Indonesia where a top pineapple producer -- a successful entrepreneur -- bought a coal project and wanted to be a coal miner, and they asked Credit Suisse to help finance that." Still, small miners with new projects flocked to the China Mining conference in Tianjin with hopes of securing funds. Centaurs Resources, which is focused on iron ore in Brazil, was looking to lock in a financial investor to help it expand. It plans to start production at one of four mines, which together have a combined annual capacity of 4 million tones. "Really, we want to find the right partner to be there for the big project down the track," Managing Director Mark Papendieck told Reuters on the sidelines of the conference. Many banks, at least in the near term, may be reluctant to help. "When the banks look at mining Hongxing Mining Machinery with its professional cone crushers projects they are definitely gun shy," said Nick Halkas, director, mining & metals, investment banking, at Standard Bank. "In terms of projects moving forward, those projects would have to be low cost, and on the technical side at this point in time, absolutely no short cuts." As the professional manufacturer of complete sets of mining machinery, such as dryer machine, Henan Hongxing is always doing the best in products and service.

by: chris lee
# 2 I recently tried full spectrum cbd gummies after the blue ribbon prematurely and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I create that it significantly helped with my desire and slumber issues without any remarkable side effects. The lubricator was easy to speak, with nitid dosage instructions. It had a merciful, lusty taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a marked convalescence in my total well-being, feeling more languorous and rested. I cognizant the regular technique to wellness CBD offers and plan to continue using it.   2024-2-20 03:39  reply
63 Inch Modern Naginata Sword Review 4 Ways You Can Make Quick Money In Next 3 Days The Lotto Black Book System – Review on Larry Blair's Winning Lottery Method Become A Forex Trader And Enjoy Your Time Earning An Income From The Comfort Of Home 7 Tips For A Successful Car Finance Application 5 Ways to Earn Money on the Web that You May Not Know About 4 Secrets To Getting Divorced Without Financial Disaster 4 WAYS A REAL ATTORNY WILL SAVE YOU MONEY 5 important things to remember when you are going to borrow money Budgeting And Forecasting- Important Guidelines About Budgeting And Forecasting Panicaway Review - Does Panic Away Work? How To Restore Your Credit - The Most Important Basics Important Things To Remember About The Federal Loan Modification Program
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(34.239.148.106) / Processed in 0.012432 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 3642, 385,