Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Pharos Traveler 137 - 137e Is Totally Different!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Pharos Traveler 137 - 137e Is Totally Different!

Pharos Traveler 137 - 137e Is Totally Different!

span>Share:

I have read some horrible stories about this model, that I was skeptical at first.

However, I finally give a try, and got Pharos Traveler 137E (no software card). Strangely, mine doesn't have problem some other users stated, I can assume it's different hardware.

Touchscreen is reliable, no "single tap, multiple characters" issue.Pharos Traveler 137 - 137e Is Totally Different!

Battery is still kinda short, but I expect that happens, running over 3G is certainly battery killer, I have ordered 2 more batteries along with software card (137E has a coupon, which gives $50 off).

Charging this Pharos Traveler 137 from USB hub works with a trick, that you have to cover 2 center conductors on the USB plug to make it NOT data capable, failure to do it will activate ActiveSync and halt charging; same way applies to iGo AA battery charger, NiMH batteries will work, but Lithium AA batteries are recommended as it draws a lot of power.

Pharos Traveler 137

The new hardware has better radio, no "losing reception" problem like other stated; however, the antenna is located on the bottom (back of trackball), and I hate this design, because your palm will affect reception. Bluetooth is OK, but I wish it's Broadcom stack because it works better, wifi is fine.

I personally like SPB shell more than HTC TouchFlo 3D, the virtual keyboard takes time to learn, but it's cool, and it can take different language layout.

Trackball is OK, but I think it's too slow to scroll on a web, and it's difficult to catch a link, tapping is way better.

This Pharos Traveler 137 has a special USB jack, that only wired headset sold from Pharos work; fortunately, I use wireless headset/headphones all the time, that this is not big deal.

It comes with SPB TV with few free channels, you can pay monthly fee to unlock other channels; however, wifi and/or 3G connection is required to view. Slingplayer works, but rendering is not so ideal especially in full screen mode. Pocket Player works fine, but you need to disable auto screen off, and let the system handle it.

Voice quality is not really ideal, sound comes from earpiece is like some Samsung phones (compressed), even I heard through wireless headset. Audio from wireless headphones is affected by system.

Camera is kinda dark if you take pics indoors, video only renders QVGA in 3GP format.Pharos Traveler 137 - 137e Is Totally Different!

GPS takes about 3-5 mins to fix, but currently I can't really test it because software card is on the way.

Conclusion: if you plan to get this Pharos Traveler 137, make sure you get 137E model, the cost of software card is worth for better stability.

Check Best Price Now!..

by: David Parker
Hell's Gate National Park Kenya by:John Schuff Add More To Your Holidays With Gold Coast Car Hire by:Dev Mishra Rave KaZantip - Where To Find Hotels For Stay by:Danya Putin Adopting The New Passport Card For Trouble Free Travel by:Frank Dekelli Commonwealth Games 2010: A Panoramic Overview by:Anushka Roy Duty Free Liquor : A Travellers Favourite by:Sharon Ng How to Relax in Pigeon Forge by:Bob Foster The Biltmore Estate by:Bob Foster Choosing the Right Car Hire in Port Macquarie by:Victoria Reyes Avoiding The Pitfalls Of Booking Gold Coast Holidays Accommodation by:Fiona Lewis How to Choose Between a Hotel and a Cabin for your Smoky Mountain Vacation by:Bob Foster Kerala Travel - Cherish Your Memorable Days in Kerala by:Raj Choudhary Make Sure You Do A Thorough Travel Insurance Comparison in Order To Get the Best Deal by:Peter Jones
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.15.142.53) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.014228 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 4532, 954,
Pharos Traveler 137 - 137e Is Totally Different! Columbus