Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Personalize A Kids Shared Bedroom
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Personalize A Kids Shared Bedroom

Some children may enjoy sharing a bed when they are little

, but as they get older it is important for their sense of identity that they have their own bed. Whether your children are sharing a bedroom as the preferred option or out of necessity, there are a few things you can do to make sharing a bedroom a great experience.

One of the most important aspects of sharing a bedroom is having your own personal space. The importance of this increases as your children mature. Every family has a different amount of floor space to work with. And some ideas such as giving each child a certain amount of area may or may not work for everyone I will leave that part for you to decide. I know from my own experience sharing a room with my sister, that our room was too small to give each of us our own area.

Not knowing your room space or your furniture situation the best I can do is emphasize the importance of each child having their own bed. I do think Bunk beds are great for conserving floor space and most kids love them. No matter what kind of beds you have, it is the most important personal space for a child, and one of the easiest and quickest to personalize.

There are several ways to let your child have some say when it comes to accessorizing the bed. If you as a parent like the pulled together look of matching kid's comforters, let your children pick out their favorite sheets and pillowcases. Even if they don't match no one will notice when the bed is made. By doing this the parents get the look they want and the children still have a personal choice, giving them a sense of identity. By picking out the same theme with a difference background color also gives the children more choice, and gives mom the pulled together look. If the pulled together look isn't as important as your children's preference, let your children pick out both the comforter and sheet sets, even if they don't match. Personalize A Kids Shared Bedroom

A personalized pillow with their special name proudly displayed on their bed can give them a sense of ownership and pride. I can't guarantee it but it could be an enticement for them to make their beds. Kids seem to love to see their name on things; it helps them to feel like they are important. You know they are, but sometimes with our busy lives kids don't always feel they are and it is just one small way to give them that feeling of being valued.

Depending on the size of the room you may be able to use furniture such as bookcases, night stands or colorful beaded curtains to define separate personal areas. If the bedroom is too small for each child to have a dresser, then give them their own separate drawers. A fun and easy way to designate which drawers in a dresser belong to each child is to purchase some fun drawer knobs that would reflect each child's personality. If you have a bookcase or nightstand you will need to give each their separate "me" space to display their special things.

Another area of contention is the closet. It is best that children have their own separate closet space. Divide the closet in a way that each has equal space, I know this is easier said than done. Hopefully you have a closet that is big enough to physically do this. A simple solution is to assign different colored hangers to designate whose side is whose. And whatever you use to store toys, make sure that each child has their own designated area to keep them. It is important to make each child responsible for taking care of their individual areas.

No matter what the size of the room, it is generally large enough for each child to have their own personalized bulletin board where they can hang their favorite artwork, or prized possessions. Another item most kids like to have is personalized wall hangings, or prints. It's just another way to show your child they are important and have a prominent place in your heart.

I have stressed the importance of creating a shared area that gives each child a sense of identity. Part of that identity is having their own bed, their own spaces, and personalizing their space. This is not to give you the impression that they are not expected to share. Sharing a room is just that. Children are expected to share and learn to give and take. However, it is important for children to have some space they can call their own. A space that reflects their unique personality and a place they can feel safe and secure in doing that. I hope you have found some practical ideas that you can implement.

by: Donna Randol
Kids Overnighters, Are They Safe? Confident Child Captures Heart Of Adults Things To Think About When Purchasing Top Toys For Children Anxiety In Your Child - Freeing Your Child From Anxiety The Anxiety Disorder Child - When Should You Be Concerned? Danger of Separation Anxiety Disorder - Child Separation Anxiety and How to Ease It Why Many Child Anxiety Products Don't Work Why Wood Toys Are Better Than Plastic Toys For Children Toys - What Toy is Most Possible to Bring a Smile to Your Kid's Face? What Are Some Smart Toys For My Labrador Retriever? Choosing the Best and Safest Toys For Your Dog Find the Right Bedding Sets for a Child's Bedroom Top Tips For Kids Party Entertainment
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.235.144) / Processed in 0.005779 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 4656, 956,