Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Paris Hilton charged with felony drug possession
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Paris Hilton charged with felony drug possession

PRESS RELEASE/ COMMENTARY

Re: Paris Hilton

And another celebrity (why is she a celebrity again?) is busted for drugs

Paris Hilton is charged with felony drug possession. She should be looking at time behind bars but will probably be given probation again. In Las Vegas, Nevada, a felony cocaine possession carries a maximum sentence of four years in prison.

The arresting officer wrote that, "As she began to open [the purse], I saw a small bindle of what I believed to be cocaine in a clear baggy begin to fall from the purse and into my hand".

Does anything else really need to be said?

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure Ms. Hilton knows better than to do drugs while driving down Las Vegas boulevard. But in the end, does she really care? Well, she probably didn't at the time of the arrest but I'm sure she does now. Same old story. Too much time by someone with too much money.

Between Lindsey Lohan disregarding court orders and Mel Gibson threatening an ex girlfriend, isn't it time to start holding people responsible for their wrongful conduct? Isn't it time that some type of example takes place? Do you agree that regardless of who you are, it's not OK to break the law and place others in harm's way?

The fact of the matter is that illegal drug use in America is substantially contributing to our social and health costs to society. Annually, almost $67 billion is spent on drug related illness, death, and crime. In fact, Americans pay nearly $1,000 annually to cover the expense of unnecessary health care, extra law enforcement, auto accidents, crime, and lost productivity resulting from substance abuse.

We need to stand up and start holding people accountable one case at a time. If that means jail then so be it. If it means rehabilitation and education to fight addiction, then fine. A combination of both would probably be a deterrent to most.

More legal analysis and commentary

Mitch Jackson, Esq.

Jackson & Wilson, Inc.

www.JacksonWilson.com

----------------------------------------

Professional Bio- Jon Mitchell Jackson

Jon Mitchell Jackson was recently named Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association.

Mitch is the founding partner and Senior Litigation Partner of Jackson and Wilson, Inc., a top AV rated firm by Martindale-Hubbell. The firm is also listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, an exclusive listing reserved for the best law firms in the United States.

Mitch has repeatedly been named a Southern California Super Lawyer by Law and Politics Magazine and, has also been awarding a rating of 10.0 or Superb by the national AVVO lawyer rating system.

For the past 15 years or so, Mitch served as a Judge Pro Tem, arbitrator, and mediator, with the Orange County Superior Court. During the past 24 years, he has obtained numerous multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients and is a multiple time member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (membership limited to those attorneys having obtained million dollar plus verdicts and settlements).

Mitch's results, commentary, and opinions have been shared in many national publications including, but not limited to, the following:

The Associated Press

USA Today

The San Francisco Chronicle

CBS

CBS2.com

Washington Examiner

Los Angeles Times

Mercury News

MyFox11.com

BikerNews.com

CBS5.com

Denver Post

The Orange County Register

The California Daily Journal

Arizona Republic

Tucson Citizen

The San Diego Union-Tribune

MacNewsWorld

Ecommerce Times

Contact Mr. Jackson

Please feel free to contact Mr. Jackson with any questions or comments with this, or any future projects. Let's make it easy and communicate by email, phone, fax, video conference, office..

Special Note- After Hours and Weekends- Contact my service at 800-661-7044 or 949-855-8751 and let them know you need to speak with me. If I'm available, I'll take your call!

Contact Info:

Jon Mitchell "Mitch" Jackson

Jackson & Wilson, Inc. (Since 1986)

23161 Mill Creek Drive, Ste 150

Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Tel No. 949.855.8751

Toll Free No. 800.661.7044

Fax No. 949.315.3687

Email: mjackson@jacksonwilson.com

Trial Tips Blog: www.triallawyertips.com

Firm Blog: www.jwlawblog.com

Update: Senior Partner, Jon Mitchell Jackson, has been named one of Orange Countys 2009 TOP GUN Trial Lawyers of the Year for his exceptional trial skills, legal ethics and significant accomplishments in the courtroom (wrongful death). Watch Mitch's Trial Lawyer of the Year Video Presentation: http://bit.ly/trial-lawyer-of-the-year

AV rated and listed in Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers- ** Personal Injury ** Wrongful Death ** Most Major Litigation Matters

LEGAL CONSULTING- Helping Lawyers with Case Selection, Settlement, Litigation and Trial. Visit www.TopSecretPartner.com

VIDEOS for Consumers at www.jacksonwilson.com

Join Mitch on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/mitchjackson or Facebook at www.Facebook.com/jon.mitchell.jackson

By: Mitch Jackson
Argent Tournament Daily Quest Guide Hawaii Getaway Discounts - Why the Travelocity Ensure is Really worth Thinking about The Links of London in My Eyes Rain Cheque Policy A Must Have In Rainy Destinations Wildlife Tours India: About the Wildlife Sanctuaries in India Insurance for traveling in India is a must and as important as traveling to any other country Resolving "Your Office database is damaged. You need to rebuild." Entourage Error Summer Program China Wildlife & Nature holiday How to travel in and around Lilongwe Walt Disney Globe Holiday Bundles - 5 Suggestions For Finest Discounts India's Festivals Cheap Mascot Costumes For Halloween -- Jumping Tiger Plush Adult Mascot Costume
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.89.60) / Processed in 0.015810 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 136 , 6003, 954,