Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Parent Listening Skills For Children
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Parent Listening Skills For Children

I have realized that it is impossible to become a good parent overnight. I have learned this lesson from many an unsuccessful endeavor. Listening skills are one of the most important positive parenting skill that a parent can possess. Yes, I thought it was the art of talking, but that will just leave you exhausted! Listening skills along with all the other skills, such as patients and a sense of humor will make you a better parent. However, I - like many of you -don't always get it right. As a parent I am guilty of some of the 'pretend' listening that parents do. You know what I mean:

- Saying yes that's fine , when you've not even heard what they have said.

- Not looking at your child when they are speaking, so you misinterpret what they are saying, as you are not paying attention to their body language.Parent Listening Skills For Children

-Quickly asking your child a hundred and one questions, then giving a solution to the problem /issue, even though you have not heard or understood the full issue.

Now after years of endeavoring to change I am finally getting somewhere with my listening skills. I am not saying they are fantastic, but much better than they used to be. I have learned that it is easy to listen if you know how to. Previously, I just presumed it was obvious - listening was just natural- but now I realize there is an art to good listening:

-Look at your child when they are talking.

- Try to be attentive even if you are tired.

- Parents should make a positive effort to communicate back to their child by acknowledging they are listening.

-Ask supporting questions to find out exactly what they are talking about, or what the issue is and repeat what you think they have said in a summary.

- Don't just listen to the words, watch their body language as well.

- Stop what ever you are doing and make a positive effort to give your child your full attention

Research has shown that children who are given the time to talk and express their feeling, have greater problem solving skills than those children who have not been given this opportunity. This is even true when the parent just listens and offers no firm advice, but is supportive and attentive to their child. The importance is that the parent is listening to the child and giving them a positive outlet to express their ideas and explorations. Apparently when mums do this, it is even more benefiticial to a child - sorry men, that's what the research proved!! What do you think of that?
Disability Benefits for Children Real Construction Toys For Kids What Your Child Needs for their First Car Teen Suicide: Depression, Sadness, and Anxiety Are Warning Signs That Are Anything But "Normal" Positive Parenting - Solutions To Child Misbehavior Importance of Reading Aloud with Children Selecting the Best Skis and Boots for your Children - Top Tips Play Is the Growing Child's Workshop: 4 Ways Your Children Benefit from Recreation Pool Party with Awesome Toys Could Diagnosing Childhood Illnesses Limit Financial Planning Options? Beauty Tips for Teenagers Makeup, Eyes, Lips and More GTX Corp (OTCBB: GTXO) Supports Campaign for Missing Children Hire Kids entertainer Sheffield for all types of Kids parties
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.252.8) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.011985 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2642, 956,
Parent Listening Skills For Children Tel Aviv