Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Never Be "Married" to a Paycheck Again
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Never Be "Married" to a Paycheck Again

Diversify Your Income and Have More Choices in Life Many times people stay stuck in a dead-end job because they feel they have no choice. But I beg to differ. With just a little bit of effort you can generate multiple streams of income and still have a life.What really makes it all work is remembering that you do have a choice as to how you spend your day. Yes, there are bills to pay, and groceries to buy, but by choosing some different strategies to earn a living you can gain control and add some joy back into your day. Consider diversifying your income, living on less, stretching yourself and being an active participant in your career! Passport Living: Working "9-to-5" is so old hat. Okay, kidding. It's very useful for things like keeping a roof over your head, paying for transportation and other handy little necessities like that, but it's not the only way. Have you thought about cashing in on your interests? What is it that you would really enjoy doing, or have already started doing, that you could do for others and get paid for it? It may be a hobby that you could turn into income. Do you speak a second language? You could teach it or translate it for another source of income. Can you teach someone to play an instrument, knit a cardigan, set up a home theater system? What hidden talents do you possess that might generate additional income for you? Think about ways to monetize your inherent abilities and passions.If you find yourself short on time, look for ways to earn passive income. Invest in projects that don't require your constant presence such as person to person lending through online services such as Prosper or LendingClub; earn rental income by leasing a piece of property, a seldom used RV or houseboat. Also consider investment income. You're not only looking for today money; remember, you're building your net worth and securing your retirement income by laying strong foundations today.70% Solution: However you choose to earn your money, don't spend it all. Living in the Bay Area and almost anywhere really, considering today's economic slump, can be so expensive that it's a good idea to live on less than you spend so that if an emergency (or an opportunity!) comes up you'll be in a good position to respond. It might sound hard or even impossible, but a little discipline goes a long way. For example, don't spend your next pay increase. You were living without it before, so instead of spending it, invest it in your future and build a rainy day fund. You can also practice a bit of delayed gratification. Once upon a time when people actually wrote checks - before becoming dependent on the debit card, I started saving a lot of money by not carrying my checkbook around. Stopped a lot of impulse buys! Nowadays I do carry my ATM card because of the VISA/MasterCard logo - having a credit card would be handy in an emergency (I'm on the road a lot). Yes, it is still a temptation and darned easy to whip it out for the latest and greatest, but practice a little restraint and you'll be glad you did. Don't Get Too Comfortable: For some people, it may be easy to pop out of bed, show up at the office on time and do just enough to earn your check. But is this all you want from your career? Stretch yourself and continuously pursue growth opportunities. Increase your knowledge, performance and value to your company. Ask to take on additional responsibilities. Contribute to the bottom line and make yourself known to the key decision makers in your company. Doing so puts you in a strong negotiating position and so you can confidently ask for the raise or the promotion you want. Learn new skills and when you outgrow your job, move on. Don't wait to be put out to pasture.Actively Manage Your Career: You are in charge of You, Inc. It is therefore imperative to seek out and pursue available training and certification opportunities, even if this means paying for them yourself. Don't wait to be discovered. You must find opportunities to toot your own horn and make the powers that be aware of your contributions to the company.However, be judicious in the extra projects you take on. Ask yourself, will this add to my resume? Will it help me earn more money or get me closer to my career goals? If the answer is no, you may need to pass on the pseudo opportunity. In any case, always keep your resume up to date because you really just never know. Keep an "I Love Me" file. Whenever you get a thank you letter, certificate of achievement, complete a new course, collect the paperwork in a file so that you are always prepared and can quickly fill out an application or approach the right people to give you a great reference when you apply for a new job.In the end, it takes so much more than just showing up. The job market is liquid, uncertain. Competition is fierce. Take the necessary steps to make yourself invaluable. Develop and manage your career on your own terms.So there you have it! Take charge of your future!
Hiring A Seo Expert: Definitely A Plus For Your Online Business! Treatment For Sciatica Hello From Detroit A Driving Tour & Riverfront Dining At Sindbad's Bridal Bouquets Wedding Day Perfection Bmw 5 Series Engine Delivers Powerful Efficient Experience Shrinks and Counseling Online Instructions On How To Buy Eyeglasses Online Holidays IN Gibraltar by:Neha sharma Why There Is Increasing Reputation of Online Dating Sites A guide to home hair removal techniques by:Charlotte Bleasdale Features Of Web Design Different patterns of jewellery preferred among men and women Why You Need A Good Web Design.
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.15.222.195) / Processed in 0.006638 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 5114, 975,