Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Netgear Xavb2501 Reviews
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Netgear Xavb2501 Reviews

span>Share:

NETGEAR XAVB2501 Powerline AV+ 200 Adapter Kit

By Matt Runnels

Setup took about 2 minutes from the time I opened up the box and worked the first time with no problems. This device was used in an older home that had multiple problems reliably broadcasting a wireless signal across the home. Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit (Black) was not a viable option due to the satellite configuration in the home.

The typical internet usage in this home is simple internet browsing, no streaming of hi-def content or anything bandwidth intensive. Using [...] to test the speed of the connection I was consistently showing ~4.5Mbps downstream and ~3.5Mbps upstream. While this is not close to the stated speeds, the layout and wiring in the home is not ideal, I was just pleased it worked at all after a year of trying.

Regardless 4.5Mpbs > 0.0Mbps so I was more than pleased with the results. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an easy solution and who has had excessive difficulty with other solutions such as broadcasting wifi or inability to use Coax-Ethernet for whatever reason.

NETGEAR XAVB2501

By John Treble

This equipment works exactly as advertised. It was the easiest installation of a network device **EVER**. True plug and play with NO configuring at all.

The hardest part of the installation was moving the furniture to route the CAT5 cable to the device.

My wife's PC is clear across the house from the router and WiFi was spotty at best with usual connect speeds of < 36Mbps.

Connecting the Powerline AV to her computer gives me about 100 Mbps. To really compare, I ran Speed Check (an online test) to confirm. It says I had 35 Mbps download and about 6 Mbps upload (some of that limitation is from the Comcast cable modem.) For my home theater, I bought and installed the 4-port switch. It works equally well and was effortless to install.

I am MORE than happy with this setup. I plan to get one more 4-port switch for the living room TV and BlueRay player.

Thank you Netgear. You have solved my home networking problem completely.

Read More Reviews for NETGEAR XAVB2501

by: David Parker
Turbo Commissions Review - Turbo Commissions Any Good? Cheapest Portable MP3 Player - Review This Just before You Acquire! A review of the iRiver Portable MP3 Player The Best Selling 4GB Hidden Video Recorder Spy Watch Review Five Financial Oversights that Cost You Money When you rent textbooks you keep more money in your pocket Regular vacuuming recommended How To Get Sufficient Money Until Your Next Payday What Are The Benefits of Invoice Finance Surveys 4 Checks Review Volusion Reviews - The Best Ecommerce Solution Cleanliness is the best motto of Bangalore budget hotels? Spotmau PowerSuite Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.16.147.124) / Processed in 0.011519 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3833, 385,
Netgear Xavb2501 Reviews