Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » My Thirty One Year Old Toddler Is A Blue And Gold Macaw
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My Thirty One Year Old Toddler Is A Blue And Gold Macaw

My Thirty One Year Old Toddler Is A Blue And Gold Macaw

The first few things to be considered before anyone buys a large parrot

Not the least of which is living the majority or your life with a child, infact a toddler.

One thing almost no one mentions about taking macaw parrots as pets.

1. For a teenager there is a fairly good chance a macaw could out live you.My Thirty One Year Old Toddler Is A Blue And Gold Macaw

2. If you are in your thirties it is pretty much a given a macaw will out live you.

These large parrots live from 30 to 50 years. Of course just as with our own lives much is decided on the manner in which the bird lives and is cared for. Betting on your bird living 40 to 50 years wouldn't be a stretch.

This means because macaws can have the intellect of a 2-3 year old human child you could be living with a thirty, forty, fifty year old 2 year old child. I didn't bring this up to dissuade anyone only to warn them. Done right it can be one heck of a wonderful life for both.

If you are fully prepared to live your life with a three year old then the question becomes exactly what kind of macaw do you want. There are several. I find all birds to be beautiful but some are far more colorfull than others.

Blue and golds are thought to be more active and noisy than the greenwings. Scarlet macaws are thought to be higher strung and maybe nippier than blue and golds.

One thing the blue and gold I think has the best lungs when it comes to screaming. Any big bird can be vocally imposing should they choose to be. Not recommended to apartment dwellers.

Each type of bird has its own traits but for me that is not the determining factor. For me it is the color thing first. Almost all parrots are drop dead gorgeous birds making a choice can be difficult. My choice is the blue and gold.

All of these birds can be destructive if not supervised. Remember this when buying or making toys for your bird. They should just never be left alone out of their cage.

Despite particular character traits. The bird you end up with will as with many humans become a product of the birds environment, training and care. If particular traits matter to you then do some research to find the appreciable traits of each bird. For me a macaw is a macaw.

Before you buy your macaw. Some things to think about.

Most birds directly proportional to size can be noisy and all are messy. Plan accordingly.

Where do you intend to keep your companion? Your bird if you're doing your job will feel like part of your family and the bird will want to be treated that way.

They love people and wish to be included in almost everything. They can't help that they are curious and intelligent and crave affection and attention.

Decide in what and exactly where your bird is to be kept. Know this and prepare for it before you bring a bird home. Room decor can influence the cage you purchase.

Macaws are large birds and require a great deal of room to thrive. You will need a large cage. For one bird a cage no smaller than 3x4x5ft minimum should be used. There should be no more than 1.5 inches between the bars. Make sure the door has a latching system that will accomodate a padlock. Be certain there are adequate horizontal bars to aid climbing.

If the bird can get to the cage latch many will learn quickly to open it. I lock the cage when I leave because I simply feel better. Pay attention to the door latch.

An all stainless cage is preferable to most other types. A nice wrought iron cage with a stainless pull out tray may be more decorative, more fitting of your decor.

For all large birds heavy dishes and bowls are necessary. And a cage on coasters is a must for convenience.

Take your time with this. Just as a car do not buy the first cage or bird you look at. Do some research. Learn to know about the bird you finally choose.

There is nothing better than life with a three year old toddler if you do it right.

by: Ryleigh Cantrell
How To Find The Right Play Toys For Preschool Kids Finding Great Bunk Beds for Kids Child1st Sells Multisensory Materials For Kinesthetic Learners Keeping Kids Occupied During Road Trips Star Wars Clone Trooper Deluxe Child Halloween Costume Piecing Together The Your's Child's Mind Puzzle, Understand Child Custody Guidelines For Custody Issues Child Custody Questions About Custody Rules Occupy You Kids With Better Kids Site, Safety And Learning Limo Hire: A Special Day for Adults and Children Alike Great Benefits Of Strollers For Your Toddler Invisalign Braces For Teens The Kids Ghillie Suits
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.171.12) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012014 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 48 , 4069, 956,
My Thirty One Year Old Toddler Is A Blue And Gold Macaw Copenhagen