Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » My First Tour To Ghana Changed My Thoughts About Africa
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

My First Tour To Ghana Changed My Thoughts About Africa

I was feeling a little uncomfortable when my friends wanted me to accompany them on their Ghana's tour. Previously, I had listened to many bad stories about Africa. I had listened that African countries are filled with crime, these countries have destabilized economies, global multinationals use African countries to sell their old weapons, they do this for exploiting the resources of African countries, and multinationals of oil promote tensions of ethnic groups for controlling the oil trade of world. Many other evil stories were flashing across my mind when I reached finally to the place where flights to Accra land Kotoka International Airport of Ghana. One person of our group was a businessman; he had come to this city on a business tour in past. He guided us through the airport and hired a taxi for our travel.

Arrangements of our stay, we had made before flying from London. Our stay was at La Palm Hotel --- I had read this name in an article before, but my first introduction to this sight happened during my first visit to Accra by very cheap flights to Accra. I came to know that this hotel is one of the two five-star hotels of Ghana. When I looked it from outside, it was representing a very beautiful sight. My all fears went away when I was entering inside the boundaries of this hotel. The sight of Labadi Beach, next to hotel, inspired my feelings. I was overjoyed on feeling the cool winds of sea. It was really a beautiful sight. I had never thought about the beauty of Africa before --- whenever I thought about Africa, only bad and evil stories came to my mind --- especially because I had scene the human rights violations of Africa in movie Blood Diamond'.

Our stay at La Palm Hotel was for six days. Europe was freezing in the days of Christmas --- snowfall had broken records in many European countries --- but I had no care for weather of Europe; it was so because I had come to Accra where temperatures during the whole year stay between 24 to 28 degree Celsius. Weather was dry; we left our bags in our hotel room and hurried to the beautiful Labadi Beach. The backside gates of hotel provided us free entrance to this beach. Earlier, we had reached the hotel within five minutes after leaving airport; as we had left for flights to Accra from London during night timings so we had plenty of time to spend at beach.

During the six day stay at La Palm Hotel, my all friends joined me in activities like water surfing and boating of Labadi Beach. We also enjoyed entertainment from the private performing bands at this beach.
Why travel in Zambia An african play Travel Agency, The Travel Middle Man USA to South America Tourist Visa Requirements Mini Travel Guide to Iguazu Falls The Cape To Rio lies at the heart of yachting in South Africa Dubai in the Spotlight: Jumeirah Beach Discover The Quiet Splendour Of Holidays In Playa Blanca Basic American Football Positions Sightseeing in Petra Mauritius, Your Holiday Destination Is the Nesco American Harvest Dehydrator worth it? Get Some eBook Reader Comparison Now
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.165.246) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.012112 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2677, 954,
My First Tour To Ghana Changed My Thoughts About Africa Amsterdam