Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » More Lawyers Take On Compensation Cases
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

More Lawyers Take On Compensation Cases

The fact that this local attorney deals in workers' compensation cases shows his success

. He does not give a figure of how much he makes, but he says he is successful, given that he already owns a Rolls Royce and an apartment building.

What he gets from workers' compensation cases is an indication of this. While investigating for two months, the Associated Press and Better Government Assn. scheduled at random the hearings before the Illinois Industrial Commission in Springfield.

On those two days, he handled around 134 cases. Earnings amounting to $19,238 94 were what he got for handling and closing 34 cases on those days. There was also another legal expert who earned a sum of $17,619 55 for representing in 12 cases.

To these two lawyers' benefit, attorneys' fees for workers' compensation have skyrocketed in recent years, along with business costs and payouts of workers' compensation benefits. Full time practice on workers' compensation by many lawyers leads to big earnings by several of them. Often the loads are big. A lawyer's fee for every settlement can be as much as 20%. In most cases, there is no need for arbitration.

One might see the one fourth page advertisement of one lawyer in the local telephone directory which lets people know of his availability. He credits his success to hard work, seven days a week for the past 12 years. He talks to around 50 to 80 people. It's a very difficult job, he said. About 20 people he talks to every day cannot afford a decent meal for their families.

It's because I know I'm working for myself that I work hard. He said that it saddens him that somebody working for the state or an insurance company for a fee wouldn't strive as hard as him. I have been approached by people who want to know whether workers' compensation lawyers are simply con artists. This is not at all an advisable approach to take. He explains that he is not a fraud.

Attorneys work hard to make sure their clients get what they want, and in effect, the attorneys get what they want as well. Some people want to know if we're getting paid enough and if, in the process, we cheat on companies. Well, obviously my job is to get all I can, and my job is to represent my people to the fullest. A person would, in some cases, get more than they should. The company is responsible for keeping its stance.

The medical expenses of an injured worker are not immediately covered by an insurance company. Issues that need to be addressed would be just how much disability is due the worker and what would be adequate mdical treatment for him.

From a practical standpoint, many doctors will not treat an employee unless assured that they will be paid by the insurance company. Unless they are assured that the medical treatment will be covered by the insurance company, some doctors don't give the treatment.

by: John Chambers
What Lawyers Really Do A Criminal Defense Lawyer Could Help You Defend Versus Murder Charges How A Florida Defense Lawyer Can Be Of Assistance Jones Act Lawyer Case Study: Large Seas Washing Across Deck Surviving The Divorce Ordeal: How A Divorce Lawyer In Atlanta Works Car Wreck Lawyers Do You Need One? Accident Lawyer In Philadelphia Concerned About Over Radiation Cases IRS Tax Lawyers Driver Robot - How Does It Work? Is It Safe? Is It Worth Investing In? How To Open Registered Retirement Savings Account Investing With Full Confidence Using Trend Following Strategies Massachusetts Divorce Grounds Cruel Abusive Treatment Adultery Lawyers Attorneys Massachusetts Grounds Divorce Decree Military Retirement Pay Lacked Jurisdiction Lawyers Attorneys
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.145.173) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.004914 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 3025, 176,
More Lawyers Take On Compensation Cases Atlanta