Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Memorable trip to East Germany
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Memorable trip to East Germany

Being a motorhome enthusiast for fifteen years now

, I've always dreamt of that extended trip of ten weeks or so in East Germany. Being a self employed IT developer, I finally realised that I was in a position to make this dream a reality. My wife Kelly and our faithful dog Fido were more than willing to be travel partners on this trip of a lifetime. So after much research, planning and packing we were finally on the road to East Germany. My motorhome is a two year old six berth, low profile Burstner with a Mercedes Sprinter engine and our previous longest trip was a ten night trip to Scotland, covering 1000 kilometres. This trip started with a smooth ferry trip, to take us to the continent, followed by a pleasant but long road journey to our destination. We decided to make two overnight stops on our way there and these were mainly in campsites, which suited us perfectly, as it broke up our journey. One feature of the journey was finding the local fuel prices very consistent, but certainly cheaper than we have been used to at home. Our Garmin satellite navigation system was handy to have, although traditional maps are a must on a journey of this type. In fact we used maps mostly for navigation and the sat nav to identify nearby beaches. On arrival at our destination, our first impressions were satisfactory. The large, family run campsite clearly had almost all the amenities we required and was very like the pictures in the online brochure that we had viewed in our preparation. For a site with three hundred or so pitches, we found the staff rather helpful and the site was very quiet even during the evening. The weather was very good, considering that we travelled in Summer. The local market each Wednesday was a great source of fruit, vegetables, meat and cheeses. The overall experience was an eventful one and I would thoroughly recommend a motorhome holiday at East Germany.

By: Myles Long
Impressions From The Landmark Hotel In London Memorable trip to Southern Germany Worried About The Elements? Roofing Materials Comparison To Help Fight Mother Nature Cancer Research UK organises "Run 10K", a series of Charity runs for Autumn 2010 Appliances To The Countryside Or To Accelerate The Development Of The Industry Reshuffle The Top Halloween Costumes for 2010 How To Find The Answer To Your Burning Christmas Weight-loss Question? Travelling With Credit Cards El Quseir tours to Caior by Flight Two days trip to Cairo from el Quseir by flight Phoenix Accident Attorney - Do We Need Them? Enjoy A Holiday In Spain Activity Holiday Accident Claims
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.12.242) / Processed in 0.012510 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 4 , 1993, 954,