Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » Marketing Is Lifeblood Of Every Business
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Marketing Is Lifeblood Of Every Business

Your Business Will Only Start Generating Big Money When You Start To Really Understand

A Simple Strategy That Often Eludes Most New Business Persons, And Even The Ones Who Have Been In Business For Quite Sometimes

Note:

The article that follows explains the above mentioned strategy and provides answers to some frequently asked questions like:

If there was just one thing to be learned about making money in business (whether online or offline) what would it be?

I want to be in business of my own. What are the most essential things I must learn before I get into my own business?

What is salesmanship?

What is marketing?

Why my site does not sell anything -or so little- even though I have tons of traffic coming from social sites, and I've even subscribed to a service that's sending thousands of visitors to my site/blog?

Why some of my "prospects" get pissed off on my making them an offer to buy my product or service?

Why some of my "prospects" get offended on my asking them to buy my stuff, and they even leave flaming remarks about me on the marketing forums? What have I done wrong?

How can I make money in business (from a brick and mortar store or from the internet)?

WARNING: Don't take the contents of following article lightly. Read it slowly...Re-read it. It's not one of those "run of the mill" articles on Sales and Marketing. Once you assimilate the gist of this article it may just change the way you ever thought how any business was done that would bring in profits continually. Also once you get the handle on the core concept (strategy) you'll understand why some businesses fail while others keep thriving year after year.

If you ever wanted to make a lot of money in any form of business (including doing business on the internet) then, the foremost thing would be for you to understand the two most essential ingredients of doing a business.

Success of any business -big or small - depends primarily on two essential disciplines, namely: Marketing and Salesmanship.

Sometimes people confuse these two closely related terms- Salesmanship and marketing - as one of the same things. But, even though they are interdependent, these two key disciplines of a business have a subtle distinction.

Let me explain that distinction briefly.

What is salesmanship? Or to be more precise, what is good salesmanship?

A little note before I get into how I describe good salesmanship:

Salesmanship can be done in person, for example selling any type of widgets in a retail store or door to door selling etc. or, vicariously: via any audio and/or video medium, like voice ads on radio, TV commercials on Television etc. And it can be done in print (your advertising copy): newspaper ads, magazine ads, billboards ads, and ads on the internet etc.

So, now let's get to my description of good salesmanship.

I describe good salesmanship as-- the way you effectively communicate the benefits of a product or service -you are selling- to your clients. It's the way you articulate something unique that you do in comparison with your competitors (sometimes referred to as a unique selling proposition or USP). And you do it with such clarity, conviction and sincerity, that your prospects just can't wait to buy your product/service, and are eager to hand over the cash, use their Credit card or sign up on that dotted line, or whatever payment method they opt to use. Did I forget mentioning that you do that "trampling over and above the wits of your competitors"? (Of course you do this, using your superior salesmanship skills).

But wait a minute... there's one very essential step that precedes a good salesmanship session.

Please note:

Sadly, no amount of your verbal salesmanship or your salesmanship in print (your advertising copy) would convince your "perceived" prospective buyers to buy anything from you if you are trying to sell your product or service to the "wrong crowd" (wrong prospects). In other words you are trying to convince people to buy your product or service who either: can't afford it whatsoever, or simply just don't need it. It's like playing your symphony to the "wrong" ears in a hope that they would listen to your music and appreciate it. It ain't gonna happen. You'll only get an apathetic audience because of their lack of interest -what so ever- in any sort of music.

Similarly, if you try to sell your widgets to the people who have no interest or don't need them, you'd be only wasting your time and effort. And all your great salesmanship skills would just not reap any fruitful results, no matter how hard you try.

So... what do you need to do?

You need a crowd who'd, at the very least, be interested in listening to your symphony.

Alright...

Where do you find such a crowd?

Well... this brings us to the second vital discipline of our business.

My friends the method of finding (or attracting) such a crowd- with due apologies to the conformists- is known as marketing.

Read the above line once again...

Any successful business man or woman will tell you that the real success of any profitable business lies in the way it is marketed. In other words, the strategies that are employed in finding the "right crowd"... i.e. finding prospects that are genuinely interested in the products or services you are trying to sell.

It is only when you have found the right prospect for your product or service that you stand a chance to use your good salesmanship - to outwit your competition - and land yourself a SALE.

Understand that...

You can have the nicest product or the most useful service, and you could be the best sales person on the planet, but if you don't have a SMART marketing strategy geared towards culling out the right prospects from the huge populace- to sell that product or service to- you are only 10% home! Your 90% success lies in "right" marketing---finding the RIGHT CROWD!

Keeping the above pointers in view, we surmise the following:

Marketing stands to be more important (in a way) than selling. Let's see why.

See if you are selling lemonade, or whatever thirst quenching drink, it becomes much simpler to sell if you can find a thirsty crowd.

In fact if you could "find" the thirsty crowd they probably would be even standing in a line (if they have to) with money in their hands, eagerly waiting for their turn to buy your drink that will quench their thirst.

It's these technique/techniques, of finding "thirsty crowd" which make one a GREAT MARKETER. No wonder Marketing is considered, by most businessmen and women, to be the lifeblood for any business.

So what do we learn from the above short primer course regarding Marketing and Salesmanship?

Here are some vital points:

1. Two foremost disciplines of any profitable business are:

a) Good marketing techniques

b) Great Salesmanship.

By: suli
Individual And Corporate Check Counterfeiting Is Increasing Converting Traffic Into Instant Cash Creating Effective Business Plan Templates To Achieve Overall Objectives The Online Marketing Business Failure Points: 5 Reasons You Never Succeed Easy Professional Tips On How To Market Your Cleaning Business Effectively Business Cards And Business Card Holder Steps Required To Set Up A Small Business Payroll System Theprimary Differences With Merchant Loans And Business Loans Cash For Gold A simple solution to a complex business problem Ways to Make Extra Money - Great Ideas for Starting A Side Business Advantages Of Private Air Charter For Business Purposes MAKE FAST CASH
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.118.210) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.015065 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 96 , 7407, 146,
Marketing Is Lifeblood Of Every Business Casper