Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Make Money Doing Surveys
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Make Money Doing Surveys

Make Money Doing Surveys

The emergence of hundreds of online survey sites in recent years has stirred up much controversy. Some estimates go as high as 500, or more. The flourishing of these companies is a testament to the global reach of the internet, a reach that enables these companies to tap an unlimited supply of panelists.

SO, CAN I MAKE MONEY DOING SURVEYS?

The simple answer is, yes. A better answer is, yes but you are unlikely to make much even if you know what you are doing. Among survey-savvy individuals are those who truly enjoy doing surveys, people who will do them upwards of 6 hours per day, and still be hungry for more. That sort of dedication will certainly earn some money. How much it is possible to earn is an open question, as there seems no clear consensus in a rather large body of opinion. What does seem clear is a general consensus on survey companies - most tend to be dishonest, deceptive, sneaky. That has been my own experience. Like many others, I did online surveys for a short stretch and quit when I realized they were worth nothing like my time.

My first encounters with these companies brought several membership invitations, framed in the familiar hype about money and prizes. I was skeptical. Nevertheless I decided to do some to see what the deal really was. Signing up with survey companies is simple... fill-in their registration forms and you are in business. Your mailbox soon fills with survey invitations.

THE DEAL

In my experience, paid surveys usually amounted to 'points'. Sometimes these points were redeemable only for discounts on products the survey company tried to sell me. Other surveys offered only a reward of an ill-defined sweepstakes entry, or chance to win prizes. The cash equivalent of points always turned out to be a pittance, in relation to the time required to earn them. Still other surveys offered direct cash incentives of as much as $2.

Many survey invitations state a reasonable time estimate for completing a survey. In fact, they take much longer if one is attentive to instructions. According to one calculation, it is possible make $2 per hour doing surveys. That is, if one is experienced and careful to select surveys that clearly state pay is in cash money. At the other end of the range are estimates of $0.25 per hour to $0.37 per hour. At any rate we are not talking about a whole lot of money.

CONCLUSIONS

One can probably find survey companies that offer decent cash incentives. These companies have eluded my search.

It seems reasonable to suppose that people who do online surveys regularly are mostly stay-at-home: moms with young kids, people looking for work, retirees, the disabled. There is also the revolving door, and this probably is what accounts for the spectacular success of online survey companies. Revolving in the door is an endless stream of people. The door turns quickly because most soon realize they went through the wrong door.

Should I try online surveys? If you have lots of idle time and enjoy doing surveys, if you have few other options and need a little extra quick cash, then by all means do them. Otherwise my advice is to steer clear of online surveys. They are like the pothole you just missed on the way to your interview.
A Review Of Weber Charbroil Grill Replacement And Auxiliary Parts The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide: Does it Save you Money? Carolee Jewerly Review & Coupon Code Perfume.com Review California On The Edge Of Financial Abyss Cellular Triumph Blueprints Review Donkey Tees Review & Coupon Code The Best Tanning Sunless Lotion Reviewed Abes of Maine Review & Coupon Code Making Sure Hr Suppliers Are Good Value For Money Financial Careers – How to Succeed in Finance LG GT540 Optimus : Get It And Save Your Money eWiiStore Honest Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.217.110.0) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012134 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3373, 385,
Make Money Doing Surveys Copenhagen