Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Lessons Learned From My Childhood
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Lessons Learned From My Childhood

My childhood was pretty ideal. It seems so far off now, that other world of make-believe and play-time. I catch glimpses of memories from time to time and I can almost feel what it was like to be a young girl, growing up in a large family with endless amounts of time to play and make-believe. Looking back I think I took too much of my childhood time for granted. Now that I have my own baby boy, I want to make sure that he has the same type of fun and explorative childhood that I had and teach him the same things my parents taught me.

Allowing a child to have a truly magical upbringing takes a little imagination on the part of the parent. When I was a child my folks did all they could to allow for maximum play-time (after chores where done, of course). We were lucky enough to live an a big plot of land and all summer long I spent my time building forts in the woods and playing princess dress up in the flower beds in the back yard. I loved being able to have room to run around and be a kid.

If you don't have acres of land, there are still lots of things you can do to let your kids be kids and have a fun time playing and using their imaginations. As I watch my young son begin to explore the world around him, I've brainstormed some ways to give him a childhood like I had, full of fun opportunities to play. First, I want to give him opportunities to use his imagination and play outside as much as possible. I don't think completely cutting off television and video games is necessary, but I do think I want to limit his time spent on electronics so he can play outside with other children his age.

My childhood was full of one-on-one time spent with my parents. They both made sure to take time every day to sit down and talk to me about what was going on in my life. It wasn't always a formal conversation but I knew they were always listening and were interested to hear what I had to say. I want to do the same thing with my own son. I want to make sure he knows I am always around to listen. My son will know that he can talk to me about problems in his life and issues that may arise in his interactions with other children during playtime. It's important to cultivate an environment where your children feel comfortable sharing their feelings with you.

My childhood was pretty ideal. Now that I have a child of my own I want to give him the same opportunities that I had growing up. I may not be able to raise him in a large house with lots of land but I can give him the same time to play and use his imaginations in creative and exiting ways.

by: Art Gib
How To Provide Your Child With Effective Potty Training Tips? Chiropractic - Is It Safe For Adults And Children And What Are The Benefits Of Treatment How a Baby Swing Can Stop Unnecessary Crying of Your Child Making Extra Money Offline With Child Care And Pet Care What Your Kids Can Do When It Rains Tips For Your Childs 1st Birthday Party Massachusetts Middlesex Divorce Agreement Alimony Child Support Lawyers Attorneys Posh Toys For The Posh Dog Martial Arts Training Will Give Your Kids Self Confidence Kids Beds And Best Mattresses Options For These Beds How To Get Your Kid Ready For College Advantages Of Opting For Singapore Math For Your Children Why Are America's Kids Overweight?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.209.44) / Processed in 0.014010 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2663, 956,