Insurances.net
insurances.net » Life Insurance » Lessons In Life And Gratitude
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Lessons In Life And Gratitude

Nearby to my home lives a homeless woman. We sometimes call her the pigeon lady. She doesnt look like a pigeon though. Its more to do with the groups of pigeons always around her I guess she likes their company. Her real name is Juliette.

She had a public housing flat but filled it with too many things and didnt clean it, everything from the neighborhood made its way in there. We could see from the outside window, piles stacked to the roof. The neighbors spoke to me about the mice and the smell. Juliette is a hoarder. I wonder about her story.Retreats

Not able to give up her lifestyle of excess she now lives under the bridge of traffic, with a shopping trolley, a bed and neatly tucked belongings a few meters wide that seem to shrink and grow. I try and bring perspective to this situation. Maybe she was very rich in a past life and needed lots of possessions, yet took everything for granted so this was a way for her to learn

This week Juliette had a new bird; a baby bird perched on her shopping trolley. Black and white with ruffled feathers it looks very much like a magpie to me.Lessons In Life And Gratitude

I say, Hi, is your bird hurt? No she says in a whisper. Im feeding it, someone has to look after it you know? Otherwise it will die. Its a messy job as you can see. Do you have any meat? My bird needs fresh meat. She sees me with my dog. Having some meat at home is a clever assumption.

Later in the day I bring a portion of meat wrapped in plastic on my way to the park with my dog. Shes not there so I leave it on her covered pile of belongings. The pigeons are circling.

On my way back shes there with her bird. Hi Juliette I left you some fresh meat! Oh she says, that was you. I thought it was Dave from around the corner. My bird needs more. Thats not enough he eats half a cup! Next time can you bring him more? He needs more meat!

I'm wondering if that's a tea cup or mug she's referring to. With all the dog owners around here, that's going to be one fat bird.Yoga Retreats

My small gesture of kindness had now turned into an expectation of more. She was a homeless lady so I guess it could be anticipated. Ive encountered this many times though on different levels with people who should know better we all have and it makes me withdraw.

This got me thinking to lessons in life. How important it is to be gracious for the small things in life, to say thank you and not expect more. I thank Juliette for the small lesson she highlighted to me.

Teachers arrive in many forms and todays lesson was one in gratitude to be thankful for the small things in life. This is how we can ultimately receive more and grow.

by: preetsoftech
East African Safari - A Convergence Of Breathtaking Landscapes And Intriguing Wildlife Betty Ford Rehab For A Better Life After Alcohol And Substance Abuse James Avery: A Life In Silver And Gold How To Choose The Best Life Insurance Policy Kolte Patil Raaga Bangalore Come And Live The Life Of A King Get Rid Of The Oral Health Problem And Live Your Life With Cheerful Smile Choosing Permanent Or Term Life Insurance Is Easy If You Are Careful Of Your Needs Life Insurance Advice From A Texas Life Insurance Agency Learn How To Calculate The Cost Of Life Insurance Premiums Things That You Should Learn About Whole Life Insurance Who Can Collect The Life Insurance Benefits Of A Deceased? Risks Incorporated In Life Insurance Guide To Delhi Nightlife And Restaurants
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.124.252) / Processed in 0.012500 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2919, 953,