Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » Lawyer Concentrates Only On Worker's Compensation
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Lawyer Concentrates Only On Worker's Compensation

This local attorney's success is measured by what he gains dealing in workers' compensation cases

. Though this lawyer does not reveal how much he makes, his success can be seen by the fact that he drives a Rolls Royce and owns his own apartment building.

An indicator of his success is the fees he receives for workers' compensation cases. During a two month investigation, the Associated Press and Better Government Assn.

selected at random the schedule, or call, for two days of arbitration hearings before the Illinois industrial commission In Springfield.

About 134 of those cases were handled by him. From 34 cases that were handled and closed on those days, he earned about $19,238 94. A lawyer who is also a state representative handled 12 cases and got a total of $17,619 55.

Those attorneys who practice workers' compensation are benefited with skyrocketing fees in recent years the same time as business costs and payouts of workers' compensation benefits.

Several lawyers out of those practicing workers' compensation full time are making it big financially. Some take care of big cases.

A lawyer's fee for every settlement can be as much as 20%. Cases seldom go to arbitration.

A lawyer buys a quarter page advertisement in the local telephone directory so that people are aware of his services. This man's success, according to him, is due to the hard work he has put in the last 12 years.

Certain days would have him talking to 50 people, while other days would have him to 80. He claims that this kind of work is difficult.

He talks to people every day who tell him that they are unable to purchase food for their families.

I work hard because I am my own boss. It's saddening that a person would not do as much as he does because he works for the state or a company for a fixed payment.

Are workers' compensation lawyers really cheaters as they say, people have asked me. It's not a wise move. He says that he has no intention of cheating anyone.

Attorneys work hard to make sure their clients get what they want, and in effect, the attorneys get what they want as well. Sometimes, people ask if we're getting paid enough and if we cheat on companies.

In my job, I do get what I can and also represent my clients to the full extent of my ability.

And there are instances where a person gets a little more than they should. But companies should maintain their stand.

There are times when companies do not pay the amount of a person's medical expenses right away. Issues that need to be addressed would be just how much disability is due the worker and what would be adequate mdical treatment for him.

A practical decision doctors often make is to treat the patient only after assurance of payment from the insurance company. Unless they know they are getting paid, doctors will sometimes not give any medical treatment.

by: John Chambers
Helping Seniors With Everything Retirement How to Make Money with Bulk REO Investing Why the Best Orange County Lawyers Can Help Win A Case Picking out the Appropriate DUI Lawyer Two Secret Reasons Why You Should Seek A Compensation Lawyer Investing in Trying Times Get The Best Financial Help From Magic Formula Investing Can A Person Go To The Ontario Small Claims Court Without A Lawyer? Why Is A Divorce Lawyer Different From Other Lawyers? Broward County Divorce Lawyer - The Economy And Divorce Is Thinking Like A Lawyer The Most Important Thing You Can Do? Compensation Lawyers Can Get Help From The State Why Investing in Alarm Systems is a Good Idea
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.219.213.196) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.005467 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 3086, 176,
Lawyer Concentrates Only On Worker's Compensation Vairano Patenora