Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Kenya - A Truly Amazing Country
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Kenya - A Truly Amazing Country

My Recent Visit to Kenya.

In October 2010, my son was lucky enough to go on a school cricket tour of Kenya. I was even luckier to be able to go with him.

We arrived at the Nairobi Club in Nairobi, and although the accommodations were not fantastic, the atmosphere was fabulous. It was acolonial building, which retained all the early 20th century feeling inside.

Our first day was a trip to a giraffe sanctuary, wherewe were able to feed them directly from our hands, and even mouth!

Kenya is such a vast country and we only had 10 days to discover it, so it was a bit of a rush. We spent the first four days in Nairobi, traveling around for the cricket games at various schools, which gave us the opportunity to see some really spectacular scenery, but the best was savedfor the trip toMasai Mara.

The Masai Mara is a truly spectacular place which just goes on and on. The accommodationwas out of this world, surpassing our expectations. We were only aboutten feet from the lions, cheetahs and elephants, only missing out onviewing crocodiles and rhinos.Until you see these animals in the flesh you really can't appreciate them. In fact the cheetahs kept following our Land Rover around to use it as shade!

One of the last games of cricket was really memorable because we had wart hogs eating grass on the pitch, while the kids were playing cricket! In fact the headmaster told me thatwhen lions visited they had to close the school, a real change from closing a school because the heating has packed up!

Our visit to a local under-privileged school was a real eye opener; some of these kids had uniforms which were literally hanging off of them, but they remained smiling. The boys gave them their old football tops, pens and books and it seemed to make a real difference to them.

On our last day, we visited an elephant sanctuary where, sadly, all of the elephants are orphaned, but well taken care of. I've been to many places in my time, but Kenya has to be one of those places where I would definitely return. It's a place of many contrasts, and the peoplethere go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

I wish I could include the many photos I took while on my trip to Kenya, but I want to encourage you all to visit, as it is a place you will never forget.
Book Accommodation in London for Wimbledon 2010 Tennis Championship Tips On Saving Money For Travel Handmade Christmas Decorations travel insurance flight centre Australian Bride of the Year Competition travel insurance backpack Reasons why you should travel to Jamaica Flights to Chicago are offering great discounts for Leisure Travelers! Used Tires Colorado Springs CO Why holiday in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote? air travel insurance Enjoy Himachal Tour and Treasure enduring Experince The Best Way To deal with Carry On Luggage Clearance when you're going on a Trip
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.133.109.211) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.006367 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2422, 954,
Kenya - A Truly Amazing Country Ann Arbor