Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Jean marie adiaffi ade, the unruly child of the african literature
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Jean marie adiaffi ade, the unruly child of the african literature

I met Jean-Marie Adiaffi Adefor an interview as a freelance journalist on December 1998, and thirteen years later, what he told me on himself and African literature and politics always sounds fresh.

Drissa Cisse: You were previously called Jean-Marie Adiaffi, without Ade. Why did you add it then?

Jean-MarieAdiaffi Ade: Jean-Marie is the first name I got from my parents whose Christian influence was considerable. They forgot to add Ade which means "The third child". I was born after the birth of my sister Komlan and my brother Kouassi. Since I am the third child, my name is Ade. That is why I added it.Jean marie adiaffi ade, the unruly child of the african literature

DC: You are said to be someone who only does things just to be well-known.

JMAA: (He laughs nervously). Let people say what they think. I am not living with such considerations and thank God for giving me the strength to shut my eyes before such purposes. I am what I am. I do not need any advertising.

DC: How do you explain your popularity?

JMAA: I think it is due to my personality. Don't forget I am also a successful writer.

DC: How many books did you write?

JMAA: I wrote two novels, two tales for children and two compilations of poems. The total is six books.

DC: What do you think of writing? Could you live from it if you were not also teaching philosophy at a grammar-school in Abidjan?

JMAA: I am not writing books to earn my living and I know it is rather impossible in Africa. See the Nigerian Nobel prize Wole Soyinka. He is not rich. Literature in Africa cannot make you a millionaire. Elsewhere it is possible. People like Herman Wouk or Harold Robbins in the USA have millions dollars in writing. Even some script-writers, whose writings are not good at all, have Rolls-Royces. Africa is not Hollywood and I think that even if I had the opportunity to make myself wealthy, my aim would always remain writing correctly. That is to mean as a writer, one doesn't have to consider money first.

DC: What's about your 1981 prize, "Le Grand Prix Littraire d'Afrique Noire?" How did you enjoy it? Some people said you were limitless pleased.

JMAA: (He smiles as if it is a question he was expecting). Well, it proves there is an international recognition concerning my work. Now, if some people think I had to hide my pleasure in getting that prize, I cannot understand them. I am not Jean Paul Sartre who refused to be rewarded the Nobel Prize. Each individual has his makings and I am a cheerful man.

DC: Do you have some political ambitions?

JMAA: No! Politics have never been my aim.

DC: But this is contradictory to your actions! Everyone can see that you publicly defend some viewpoints in politics. Don't you think if you were a political leader many people would be attached to your party?

JMAA: It is possible. This is the power of television and the radio. Even if one is a silly person, he can become as important as a president because of Medias. In the most important country in the world, I mean the USA; television helps rich men being senators, governors and so on. Imagine what would happen if the most important president on Hearth is a madman. I am very popular because I talk much. But let's say that talking doesn't mean I can be a good leader, a man who is able to manage the whole country. I only talk to criticise what I cannot support from our politicians or dictators. So, when I appear at the screen or when I am heard at the radio, everyone thinks I am the one who can lead them. Probably they would be members of a political party if I created it. But it wouldn't be wise.

DC: If you have no political ambition, what are you aiming at, apart from literature?

JMAA: You know that I studied cinematography in Paris before. When I came back home, I was disappointed. There was nothing to be done with such a job because a film-producer had no means. Without means, one cannot create. I went again to Paris and studied philosophy. Today, I am a writer and a teacher. Tomorrow, I can be a producer because things have changed a little. I am writing the script of a film that will be directed by Gnoan Mballa, so why not return to my old dream: making films?

DC: What is your last word?

JMAA: I would like to prevent the youth from AIDS.
Teenagers Today Help Your Child Speak Review-Help Your Child Speak For Parents: Keep Pace with Your Children Clear Acne Skin for Teenage Boys Can Mental faculties Instruction Definitely Support a Child Having a Learning Disability? An iPad is child's play compared to the apps two military Four things to consider in a child modelling agency Children and Their Trees The Powerful Use of Language and How It Impacts Autistic Children The "Best Interests of the Child" Doctrine The easiest way to help Practice Teeth Care and handling to help Small children Tips for Teens on Becoming Vegetarian Fancy and Functional Baby Boy Shoes
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.252.201) / Processed in 0.006641 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 42 , 4484, 956,