Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal-Finance » I'm in debt and have lost my job, what to do? (part 2)
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

I'm in debt and have lost my job, what to do? (part 2)

I'm in debt and have lost my job, what to do

? (part 2)

Consumers that have unsecured debt $10,000 and above can turn to debt settlement for debt relief in less than three years.

How much does it cost?

Debt settlement or credit card debt consolidation companies charge 15% of the total debt amount or 20-25% of the settlement amount. And those are the industry standard. Different debt settlement companies, though, have different fee structureswhich were over ridden by the recent debt settlement ruling of NO MORE UPFRONT FEES, until after a debt has been settled.

If you think 15% of the total debt amount is quite steep, it's because debt settlement programs require for c0nsumers to have at least $10,000 worth of unsecured debt. Any amount lower than that might not be taken by the creditors/collectors as "settlement worthy." Balances that are lower than $10,000 are deemed as payable in full and not less than the full amountwhich is what debt settlement is.

There is another debt relief program that can help consumers whose debt amount is lower than $10,000 and it's credit counseling/debt management plan. This debt relief requires for the consumer to be current in their payments, otherwise, it would be more difficult for the counselors to get the original creditor to agree to negotiate the interest rates terms. Credit counseling/debt management plan is the negotiation of the interest rates (to be temporarily stopped, payment terms to be lowered and/or extended) so the consumer can stay current on payments and get at the principal amount of debt, at the same time.

While debt settlement is all about negotiating the entire balance down to more or less half and have the creditor/collector consider that as full payment.
Plan A Debt-free Future Debt Settlement Tax Consequence Free Financial Consultation During Debt Difficulties How to Fight Back Abusive Debt Collectors Debt Settlement Relief - How Does a Legitimate Debt Settlement Work? Free Debt Help - The Value Of Free Debt Reduction Plans Best Debt Settlement Company - Why Some Debt Settlement Solutions Are Better Than Others Debt Settlement Letters - Make Sure You Have an Attorney Backed Debt Settlement Firm Bad Debt Settlement - What Are the Risks of Choosing the Wrong Debt Settlement Company Your Debt Settlement Solution - Common Obstacles in Eliminating Personal Debts Debt Reduction Help - How To Lower Your Monthly Payment And Eliminate Debt Debt Settlement Assistance - What is the First Place to Turn When Facing Overwhelming Debt Debt Reduction Information - Legitimate Ways To Get Out Of Debt
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.189.182.96) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.010842 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 1815, 179,
I'm in debt and have lost my job, what to do? (part 2) Pirapozinho