Insurances.net
insurances.net » Employee Insurance » I Quit! How to resign from your job
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

I Quit! How to resign from your job

Every employee dreams about the day he quits his present job and moves on to something better

, more challenging and rewarding. And when that day does arrive and you quit your job, do it right. When you move to a new job, it is crucial to leave your old one gracefully, for the sake of your career and your colleagues.

You may cross paths professionally with co-workers again and you also don't want to tarnish your reputation as an honest, upright colleague.

Follow these steps to help you make a smooth and graceful exit:

Give plenty of notice.I Quit! How to resign from your job

Standard notice period in most Indian firms is a minimum of four weeks. However, you should consult your employee handbook in case your employer expects more warning.

Write a resignation letter.

It's smart to draft a professional letter of resignation that includes your final day of work. Keep it classy and do not focus on any negative aspects of your job. But, wait! Don't send it, just yet.

Talk to your boss.

Arrange a meeting with your boss and let him know in person about your decision. You should explain your reason for leaving without having to justify it. After your meeting, send that resignation letter you had typed up.

Avoid senioritis.

Stay on top of all your assignments and projects during your final weeks on the job. Finish any outstanding tasks and be sure to leave detailed progress reports so that the transition is easy for your boss and co-workers.

Know what your dues are.

Check with your employee handbook and offer terms to find out what you're owed after you resign. You may be paid for unused vacation time or other benefits.

Help with the replacement hiring.

Offer to assist in finding your replacement, and be sure to be available to train whoever that person is when he or she joins.

Stay in touch.

Make sure your old employer and key colleagues have your contact information; get theirs, as well, and use it. Stay in contact and maintain good professional relationships.

Say thank you.

Send your boss and co-workers a thank-you note highlighting the positive aspects of your job. After all, they have played a major part in your success.

Ask for a reference.

If you have been graceful so far, your boss should have no problem with offering you a letter of recommendation. It is best to have this in hand before you leave, as it looks great to future employers and your boss may not even remember you a year from now.

By making a smooth and gracious exit from your position, you will save yourself a lot of trouble in the long run. Even if you are leaving one of the worst jobs imaginable, treat the exit process with utmost care. Restraint and graciousness at this stage will help you reap dividends later.

By: Jobs In A Jiffy
Ideas On Appearing Better For A Job A Veterinary Technician's Noble Job The Benefits Of Outsourcing Tasks To Online Employees Job responsibility as regards job Why Didn't I Get That Job? Hockey Shops Are Just The Job Mazda 3, Doing The Job The Right Tools For The Right Job If I Get Hurt On The Job, Can I Get Lost Wages? Part Time Weekend Job Handling Boredom On Your Job Microjob's Unique Approach Job Providers membership benefits with microjob
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.93.73) / Processed in 0.012636 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 46 , 3207, 968,