Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Hyperactive Children - Looking at Solutions Which Will Make Them Calmer and Happier
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hyperactive Children - Looking at Solutions Which Will Make Them Calmer and Happier

Hyperactive Children - Looking at Solutions Which Will Make Them Calmer and Happier

I always tell parents to buy a stability ball or an exercise ball to help their hyperactive

children when doing homework! Sometimes I get blank stares and sometimes I am not invited back! Seriously though, there is actually some scientific backing for my advice.

There is a very interesting report in the Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. This describes an experiment with some ADHD kids where they found that those kids who actually fidgeted and squirmed a lot during the activity (it was to use Microsoft paint), had better results. They were able to utilize their memory more and had altogether better focus and were able to concentrate better as well.

It seems that any secondary physical activity helps the brain to function better and this helps the cortisol activity which is often under par in ADHD hyperactive children. This theory is also supported by Sydney Zentall in her book called ADHD and Education . So, my advice to buy a stability ball for use during homework does not seem so crazy after all.

What else can we do to help hyperactive children? I know many parents want to run a mile from highly hyped drugs which are failing in clinical trials although we never get to see the details as these are well hidden or suppressed. They are looking for medications which are neither addictive nor harmful yet are effective and give relief.

There are concerns that hyperactive children are just not getting enough exercise or green time. Also, their diets are all wrong. At a recent conference on ADHD in Scotland, a UNESCO expert, criticized the fact that ADHD children are not getting enough exercise. Even though this may be a simplistic approach and some kids do not improve at all after exercise, the fact is that we are helping to prevent obesity, depression, insomnia, diabetes and a host of other childhood conditions which are increasing at an alarming rate. In Scotland alone, it was found that prescription drugs for ADHD had jumped by 16% in just one year.

I am convinced that regular exercise will keep children happier and will certainly help them to sleep better. Some hyperactive children do better at team sports where social skills are needed, than others. Some prefer the more individual sports such as cycling, gymnastics or swimming where they do not necessarily have to be part of a team. At the end of the day let your child decide.

Finally, making sure that all the support structures are in place at home will make a great difference. Deciding on what medication is best such as a more natural one like homeopathy, will provide many benefits but above all will help your child to be calmer and happier, without ending up like a zombie. Why not visit my website to discover more?

By: Robert William Locke
ADHD Meds For Kids? - Forget it As There Are Much Safer Solutions! How To Decorate Cakes - Creative Birthday Cakes For Kids Kids Ride On Buying Guide Good Reasons For Selecting Tonka Toys For Your Children Variety Of Plush And Soft Toys Available From Cuddly Kingdom Getting The Most Out Of Bedroom Space With Childrens Bunk Beds Sylvanian Families Is The Best Range Of Toys Pick Out The Most Comfortable Kids Slippers My Child Wont Potty Train Doug Standing Easel: Advantages Of Creative Toys For Kids Garden Shed And Its Utility In The Life Of Our Children Party Favors: Adding Spice To Children's Party Holiday Crafts: Thanksgiving Decorations Kids Can Make
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.36.141) / Processed in 0.012652 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3076, 956,