Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pet Insurance » How to compete against a younger, faster opponent
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How to compete against a younger, faster opponent

One of the true pleasures of my old age is when I am competing against some youthful

up and comer with ten or less years of experience and an attitude of certainty. He usually has a natural talent for the game and a decent string of wins that proves he knows the game and has some skill. He becomes my playground.

I don't get the same enjoyment out of competing against another smart old geezer. The scales of experience are too balanced. (Although I keep my eyes open for new tricks and updated applications of old traps.) Sometimes I can be surprised. And when that happens - I figure out how he did it, then add that to my personal library.

Rarely is any youngster cautious and careful about offensive efforts and, barely consider defensive moves. And I have yet to meet a youngster who considers the consequences of their actions. They always jump right into the game, going all out - because that is what worked against his last 40 or 50 opponents. It's fun watching these guys strut their stuff, going all out to prove they are the winners.

The first thing I establish is his real skill level. What can he do well? What can he do well and what areas show a lesser competence level? Everyone has a comfort zone from where they can easily make shots or advance with almost no effort. They also have a chaos zone where the percentages of success are low. Through some careful setups, I define those zones early in the competition. (It is also a good opportunity to allow him to think that I am a pushover.) How to compete against a younger, faster opponent

After that, I concentrate on leaving him difficult shot a majority of time he is on the offensive. This accomplishes several things. Every time he misses is an opportunity for me to advance. On missing several times in a row, he starts to question his previous level of competence and confidence. (It helps if you keep saying, "Good try." on each miss.) And once he starts trying harder to score, he's already lost the game.

At the end of the game, when I have finishing mopping him up and we are giving each other the final handshake, I say something like, "I got lucky." or "You just had a bad day." as my parting words. (Sometimes I even apologize for winning.) This saves him some face, and sets him up for the next time I play against him. No reason to let him know that I managed his opportunities.

This is just one of the many tricks I apply against a younger opponent. And, yes. I also do it against others, but the personal pleasure in taking down some kid who starts out as a know-it-all is too much fun.

Lesson to be learned: What I do so well and have fun doing is to use the kid's attitude against him. He comes into the match with certain expectations and assumptions. Those are weaknesses that a gamesman can use.

By: Allan Sand
Fat Binder VS. Appetite Suppressants Pet Care Information Guides for Terriers, Boxers, Chihuahuas, German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, Labs, Pomeranians, Pugs and More Pet Portraits The Competency Of Operators Of Pleasure Craft Lakeland Terrier Dog Breed Temperament, Health Issues, Grooming And History Things that the Best Pet Insurance Covers Tips of Finding Right Insurance for Your Pet Choosing A Bed For Your Dog! Customized Photo Magnets With Pictues Of Your Pet Choosing A Bed To Suit Your Dog Determining the responsibility in case of dog bite injuries Renter's Insurance And Vacation Properties Dog Insurance – Is it Necessary to Have One?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.149.242) Ljubljana / Ljubljana Processed in 0.013167 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2920, 969,
How to compete against a younger, faster opponent Ljubljana