Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » How To Rate A Green Tourist!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Rate A Green Tourist!

How do I rate as a green tourist?

http://myplayadelcarmenvacation.com/

There has been a lot of talk lately about greening the hotels, which is great news but what about "greening" us, the tourists?

I was talking to a friend the other day, he is the manager of a small hotel in Playa, and he was explaining that hotels can and must take action to green their practices, but that the results depend in good measure on the good will of their clients. Take the "towel cards", for instance, that ask you to hang the towel if you want to use it again (like most of us do at home) or the sign that reminds us to use water and electricity sparingly, or to put the AC off when we leave the room. These may seem small actions, but they do amount to huge quantities of water and electricity day after day. So maybe it's a good time to ask ourselves: how do I rate as a "green tourist"?How To Rate A Green Tourist!

Here are a few tips that we have collected from fellow travelers that can be of use to better our green qualifications. Please feel free to add as much as you can in order to enrich our travelling community.

Let's start by choosing your hotel. Nowadays most people book directly through the Internet, so there is a chance to know more about the place we are staying. You may browse the hotel's web page for information, or even inquire before booking. Look for "green" certifications. Find out if it participates in any program aiming to conserve water and reduce carbon emissions. How does the hotel manage its waste: does it have a recycling program? Do guests have recycling facilities as well? (this is a big one for me. I have been recycling for years and it's hard not to recycle when on vacation on a tropical paradise I want to contribute to its conservation!). You can also ask if the hotel is participating in any program that supports the local community. It's easier to pay the bill to someone who is giving back!

Another good thing to ponder when booking is: will this hotel invite me to know the area and its people? Will its location encourage me to explore the streets, eat in local restaurants, share with the persons that live and work here, really "feel" the place and let myself be touched by its beauty?

A great way to "green up" is when we choose our tours and excursions. I would definitely stay away from those activities that harm the habitat and scare or hurt the animals. Choose ecotourism companies with good certifications that also promote the well being of local communities and preserve the habitat. There are wonderful activities to do as a family or couple, like rappel or zip line through the jungle, exploring incredible caves, watching tropical birds, crocodiles, manatees. Be there when the jungle awakens or hear the cries of the last birds at sunset. It will nourish your heart and soul and make a difference in the way your kids see the World.

On the hotel premises take notice of the hotel's advice on conserving water and electricity, and explain to your kids why it is important to put off the AC before leaving, or using water carefully. Ask for recycling bins if there are not already there.How To Rate A Green Tourist!

If you fall in love with the place, inquire about conservation programs that you may participate in when coming back home, like saving the turtles or protecting the reefs. You will know in your heart that you are doing something important to preserve this little piece of paradise, and your generosity will bear fruits.

http://myplayadelcarmenvacation.com/

By: Jose Rubio
Time To Try The World's Most Beautiful Destinations! Save On Playskool Kota The Triceratops: A Great Christmas Gift Travel Booking Tour Ireland's Varied Gastronomic Delights in a Celtic Campervan The First Steps to Going on a Backpacking Trip in the Grand Canyon Toddler Halloween Costumes – Little Princes and Princesses Mobile Alabama- the best place to travel this year The tasteful city of Mobile Alabama-the dream destination for all tourists Australian Hit By Travel Bug to Antarctica Planning a Great Theme Party for Halloween The Advantages Of Christmas Party Invitations Source of Travel Information for Visit to India Spain - The best tourist destination
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.80.94) / Processed in 0.009488 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 3671, 954,