Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal-Finance » How To Purchase Arrow Nocks
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

How To Purchase Arrow Nocks

What is an arrow nock?

The arrow nock is the simple but essential part of the arrow. It is the fork-like part that comes into contact with the bowstring, serving as the direct conduit between the energy stored in the bow and the arrow as the deliverer of that energy. Think of it as the sole engine placed in the rear of a jet fighter. The fighter moves in the direction that the engine is pointed at, and the same principal applies to arrows.

And this is where things start to get technical.

It all lies in the fit

Because the nock is the conduit of energy between the bow and the arrow, how it comes into contact with the bowstring will affect its accuracy. If the nock fits too tightly on the bowstring, the vibrations of the released bowstring will tend to distort the flight path of the arrow. If it is too loose, the energy transferred from the bowstring will spill over to the sides, not flow forward.

Both extremes will make accurate shots much more difficult, which is why it is imperative that your arrow nocks be just at the correct size. It must be snug enough to firmly 'snap' unto the bowstring, but it must be loose enough for you to wiggle it up and down the bowstring. This is a good rule of thumb to help you find the perfect fit for an arrow nock.

When to use lit nocks

Lit nocks are increasing in use, although you may want to reconsider before using them in certain situations.

Lit nocks are neat, and they really help you measure the flight path of your arrow during practice shots. However, you may not want to use them while out hunting. Especially twitchy game like mule deer will react to almost any stimuli that come at them, and a bright arrow is a dead give-away at any time of the day.

If you must use a lit nock for hunting, whether to help you find injured game at night or to make locating} your arrows a bit easier, make sure that each shot you take is as close to the game as possible. If you can manage to shoot your prey on their blind side, this makes the use of lit nocks all the better for you.

Or you could just use an expendable arrow to begin with.

Just remember that the arrow nock you purchase will take a major role in the accuracy and consistencyof the shots you make. Determine the fit of your arrow nocks, weigh the pros and cons of choosing the pricier ones, and you will find your skills as an archer escalating with time and practice.

by: Rafe Jackson
Debt Controls Your Life How to Take Advantage of a Bad Economy and Eliminate Your Unsecured Debt Personal Financing For A Secure Future Experiencing Student Credit Card - How Is It? Biggest Money Mistakes - Personal Finance Basics Prepare for a debt-free year Debt Solutions - How Do I Know Which One Is Right For Me? When Is The Right Time To Seek Debt Advice? Debt Advisers - What Help Could They Offer Me? Finding Iva Help As A Solution To Personal Debt How to easily Purchase and Prepare Delicious Vegan Veggie Burgers Can I use an IVA to solve my debt problem? Where Can I Purchase Party Supplies From
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.219.222.92) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.011961 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 2531, 179,
How To Purchase Arrow Nocks Vairano Patenora