Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » How To Hire A Criminal Defence Lawyer For Your Ontario Fraud Case
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

How To Hire A Criminal Defence Lawyer For Your Ontario Fraud Case

Fraud is a serious white collar crime that can take many forms

. It can be defined as "deliberate deception for unlawful gain", and potential risk areas for fraud include tax returns, credit card records, pension plans, banking, insurance, and charity fundraising.

In Ontario, a fraud conviction can lead to major consequences which vary depending on whether the amount of money unlawfully gained was less than, or more than, $5,000.

- A conviction of fraud over $5000 is an indictable criminal offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, and could result in the convicted individual serving a prison sentence of up to 14 years.

- Similarly, fraud under $5000 can be indictable offence under the Code. However, the maximum prison sentence for this conviction is two years. Fraud under $5000 could also be punishable, in some cases, as a summary conviction.

The process of fighting criminal charges can be a tough one for you and your family, but it's a necessary one if you want to avoid the added strain and difficulty that imprisonment and a criminal record would cause.

Your first question might be: "Do I need a lawyer for my fraud case?"

The answer is yes. Fraud can be difficult for Crown prosecutors to prove because the evidence has to come from a broad array of electronic and paper records. There are a number of defences that can be employed to have your charges dropped - for example, proving a lack of intent to defraud, or challenging a search warrant.

You probably do not have enough knowledge of the law to make any of these arguments successfully on your own. That's why most individuals facing fraud charges seek the aid of an experienced white-collar crime lawyer, and so should you.

Your next question might be: "How do I hire the right criminal defence lawyer for my Ontario fraud case?"

In Ontario, there are many criminal defence lawyers available. Choosing which one will represent you is a decision that you should only make after doing thorough research. Investigate these lawyers' web sites thoroughly to get an idea for their knowledge on fraud and white-collar crime charges. You should always ask yourself:

Does the criminal defence lawyer have a track record of winning fraud cases, with case results and testimonials to back up this claim?

Is the lawyer willing to share information on fraud and white-collar crime, such as books, web content, and even a free consultation?

Is the lawyer willing to represent me no matter where I live in Ontario?

With the right lawyer, you could get your Ontario fraud charges dismissed - and avoid having to pay fines or spend time in prison.

by: Brenda Hollingsworth and Richard Auger
California Lhwca Lawyer: What Are Wages Under The Longshore Act? Get The Best Advice From Rancho Cucamonga Ca Lawyer Lawyers Specializing in Contracts and Intellectual Property in Denver Your Retirement Plan and Your Wealth Strategy Understanding The Important Role Of A Criminal Lawyer Starting Your Career as a Trustmark Claim Lawyer Do You Need Highly Qualified And Experienced Minnesota Lawyers? Starting Your Career as a Traffic Lawyer Starting Your Career as a Sexual Contact Lawyer The Defense Of A Dui Lawyer Factors In Choosing A Long Beach Lawyer A Short Overview To Los Angeles Divorce Lawyer Works Client Rights And Responsibilities When Dealing With A Divorce Lawyer
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.51.241) Ohio / Columbus Processed in 0.007268 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 2804, 176,
How To Hire A Criminal Defence Lawyer For Your Ontario Fraud Case Columbus