Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » How To Get A Job Online
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Get A Job Online

How To Get A Job Online

How To Get A Job Online

Like many of us, I was unemployed for a very long time last year. But things have changed dramatically since the last time I was unemployed. And from my experience if I could only one piece of advice it would be this: Don't even think about wasting your time hunting for jobs on the Internet.

Actually, when I was a small business owner, the database was a good and useful tool to have. And I still use a spreadsheet to keep track of household expenses. But IT geeks have taken the database to new, sinister levels.

It really wasn't long ago at all that when you looked for a job on the Internet, there not only would be an actual job available but they would ask you to email your resume to a specific person. That seemed very effective, rational, and convenient for everybody.

Then something happened and I'm not sure what. But the age of the agency has arrived and as far as I could tell in my eight months of searching, the only purpose for the agency's long and tedious online applications seemed to be to gather as much data on as many as people as possible. Following the lead of the agency, there next came the intra-company application. While this online application seemed closer to home, it really wasn't: you still didn't know whom you were applying to, could not customize it, and could not determine if there really were any jobs available or in what category.

There are two major problems with applying online. One, since you can rarely send a resume, you're not left with much a chance of standing out. Far worse however is the application nightmare. Looking for a job online requires you to spend hours upon hours every day filling out similar forms with the same personal information for jobs that may or may not exist, in programs that may be buggy or incompatible with your web browser forcing you to quit midway through, and leaving you feeling that you are swimming in an endless maze of forms that lead to nowhere and to nobody. It is a shameless abuse of a great technology. Don't be a victim of it.

Oh, I finally did get two jobs. One was through someone I knew. The other I got through posting my own profile on a local online forum. Good luck!
Why Consider Buying Baby Safety Products Online? Approaches to No Deposits Online Bingo Buy cheap mobile phones online: a dream of every common man Online Psychic Connection Catch An Online Affair - 5 Steps To Make Sure Your Spouse Isn't Hiding Anything! Burberry Fashion Products Online Sale Chat online Buy Research Papers Online Time to Sell Apple iPhone Parts Online Online Hotel Booking Made Simple Packers At Patriots Live Sunday Night Nfl Football Stream Online Schedule Get Concert Schedule Updates with the John Mellencamp Tour Date Online Online Poker Players
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.134.90.44) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.011989 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2305, 973,
How To Get A Job Online Ann Arbor