Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » How To Enjoy California Like A Tourist
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How To Enjoy California Like A Tourist

Southern California was always one of my family's favorite areas in which to spend our vacation time

. Disneyland was the prime escape for the entire family, but there were of course the plentiful beaches and endless activities that had their own special appeal.

But I noticed that once I moved to Orange County, I spent a lot less time enjoying all those things that had brought me there in the first place. Idle weekends slid past me, filled with complaints of being bored.

If you live in California, you probably recognize why there is such tourist fascination --perhaps to a fault! But you have the opportunity to enjoy the wonders of the Golden State in your very own backyard.

So why spend your leisure time indoors, wondering what could possibly occupy your time, when you have opportunities for adventure all around you?How To Enjoy California Like A Tourist

California is famed for its fair weather--not to mention its extensive system of wildlife preserves, nature preserves, national parks, and national forests. Get out there and enjoy them. My spouse and I committed to go hiking each week in our local parks during the summer and early fall.

If you aren't a big hiker like I am, then just pack a picnic lunch, even if you just go by yourself. There is nothing like sitting in peaceful nature and getting out of the house for a little while. But, of course, it is even better when you can have company, so call up friends or arrange a special afternoon out with family members.

However, don't forget that these pristine preserves are frequently home to wild animals, including venomous snakes, spiders, cougars, bears, and more. Be aware of the best possible reaction to a critter encounter, and warn children as well. Remind them that it isn't safe to approach any wild creature, no matter how friendly or cute they may seem.

Don't neglect the beach. Living close to the coast was one of the greatest privileges I have ever had, and I regret that I didn't get involved with more activities at sea. Some whales migrate through the Pacific, so taking a day to go whale-watching can be an experience you will never forget.

Even if you don't consider yourself athletic, you should at least take a crack at the more intense seafaring pursuits. Kitesurfing, jet skiing, wakeboarding, and other more physically exertive enterprises can be a great way to spend your Saturday--then your homebody evening will be well-deserved.

There are many reasons why people choose to live in certain regions--family, education, career--the list goes on. But as long as you're going to live in California, you might as well enjoy it just as much as the tourists do.

by: Art Gib
Newport To Ensenada Yacht Race Pageant Of The Masters Correct American English - Important Tip ! Taste Of Newport Toshiba Golf Classic Weekend Getaway To Newport Coast California Is It Possible To Save $300 To $500 A Month For Your Dream Vacation? Offer Deep Discounts And Perks To Increase Holiday Sales Christmas In The Uk - Some Un-missable Destinations Discover Kauai's Cultural Side Fairway Fever: Golf On Kauai, Hawaii Magical Kauai, Hawaii Weddings Luxury For Less: Shenzhen On The Cheap
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.142.35.75) / Processed in 0.012894 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2774, 954,