Paul L. ViveritoHow I discovered Bladder Cancer And Survived - Cancer Insurance" /> Paul L. ViveritoHow I discovered Bladder Cancer And Survived " /> Paul L. ViveritoHow I discovered Bladder Cancer And Survived " />
Insurances.net
insurances.net » Cancer Insurance » How I discovered Bladder Cancer - And Survived
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

How I discovered Bladder Cancer - And Survived

Author: . Viverito" href="http://www.articlesbase.com/authors/paul-l.-viverito/340060.htm">Paul L. Viverito

How I discovered Bladder Cancer And Survived I was out with two friends fishing from my boat, a male and his lady friend , we fished for a good part of the day . My male friend decided he had enough and wanted to go to shore but his lady friend was an ardent fisherman (Fisherlady) and she wanted to continue fishing ,so I agreed to take her back out. We were anchored up in a narrow creek that didnt have an accessible shore line. I had to urinate and normally with the guys on the boat we would do so off the stern of the boat ,but I didnt want to embarrass my lady guest so I waited as long as I could but could not hold out any longer. I excused myself and went to the stern of the boat to urinate. When I started to urinate it appeared that I was urinating a Merlot Wine, My urine was coming out pure blood and shortly I could not urinate at all. I mentioned to my guest the problem I was having. As it turned out my guest was a registered Nurse and the Coroner in her home town. She immediately went in to action and started hauling up the anchor and yelled to me to start the motor and head back to the dock. On the way in she called her friend and told him to meet us at the dock. Arriving at the dock they immediately took me to the nearby hospital emergency room. I spent a half an hour filling out paper work and explaining my problem and was then told to go to the waiting room. After what seemed to be an eternity I felt I had to urinate. I went to the mens room and I was able to urinate, it started out as blood but eventually it cleared up and back to normal. I thanked my friends and I told them everything seemed to have cleared up and I was going home. I called a doctor friend of mine and he told me that I probably ruptured a small blood vessel by waiting too long to urinate. I called my local doctor and he said I probably had an infection in my bladder. I never experienced any pain, discomfort or an inability to urinate before so I figured that it was a minor problem. I continued to urinate normally for the next month or so and then suddenly I started urinating blood again. This time I called my local doctor and told him that I wanted to see a Urologist. The Urologists facility was well equipped and he ran all of the usual tests, his conclusion, I had a cancer in my bladder about the size of a half dollar, but it looked like it hadnt gone so far that it couldnt be just scraped out. The Urologists facility had a surgical unit so they immediately took me in to scrape my bladder. The scraping wasnt successful as it was determined that the cancer was a not a grade two which would have made the scraping possible but a grade three which meant the cancer penetrated deeper into the tissue. The doctor said that I had four options, Chemotherapy or Radiology which he didnt think would improve my chances of survival. The odds were somewhat greater than 50% that they would not work. The other two options were to remove my bladder and build another one from part of my intestine, which he said if it worked it would be great, if it didnt it would be a struggle for the rest of my life. The second would be to remove my bladder and surrounding tissue including prostate and nearby Lymph node. That procedure would require that I use an external bladder to replace my original one. I chose the latter and I dont regret to this day (five years later). Its slightly inconvenient but in some ways its helpful. What surprised me most that there werent any signs or symptoms that I had this problem and if I didnt urinate blood when I did I wouldnt be alive today. I guess all I can say in closing is that these things dont just happen to the other guy, youre a target too. So be aware. Paul L.Viverito http://www.lindasfloridaphotos.com About the Author:
Breast Cancer Marathon Atlanta Breast Cancer Marathon In San Francisco Breast Cancer Marathon Dc Breast Cancer Marathon Miami Breast Cancer Marathon New York Breast Cancer Marathon Chicago Breast Cancer Marathon Houston Breast Cancer Marathon San Francisco Breast Cancer Marathon California Breast Cancer Marathon Jacksonville New Orleans Saints Breast Cancer Merchandise Avon Breast Cancer Merchandise Steelers Breast Cancer Merchandise
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.15.1) / Processed in 0.005373 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 3978, 301,
How I discovered Bladder Cancer - And Survived