Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » How Do I Roll Over My 401k Accounts Or Pensions?
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

How Do I Roll Over My 401k Accounts Or Pensions?

As retirement nears, we start to think of lots of questions about how to start taking our distributions

. Here are four reasons why I recommend taking the lump sum when rolling over 401k accounts or pensions.

(1) How safe is your employer?

You were a loyal employee and can only expect that your employer will honor the commitment to fund your retirement. However, some companies are no longer financially stable enough to make those monthly payments.

There is a Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation that is supposed to come to the rescue, but, according to the Center on Federal Financial Institutions, this agency will run out of money in about 15 years if no changes are made.

If the agency can continue to operate, there is still a cap on what you can be paid each month, and that amount can be lower than what you were expecting to receive.

(2) What is the interest rate?

Most of your monthly pension payments are based on a 3-5% annual return. This barely keeps up with inflation. With rising health care costs, this can leave you in a bind. Your financial advisor should be able to help you plan for your annual cash flow needs so that your retirement as stress-free as possible.

(3) What about leaving a legacy?

Many companies will not continue to make payments to your beneficiaries upon your death. Monthly payments can be designed to allow for continued payments to a surviving spouse, but your monthly payments will also be lower during your retirement years to compensate for that request.

The inability to leave the balance of your retirement account to your heirs can also be problematic in the event of your untimely death. For example, if you choose to set up monthly payments for the rest of your life, that choice is honored whether you live 1 more year or 30 more years. Even if you were not paid out your account balance in your lifetime, the account custodian keeps the remaining balance of the account after your death.

If you take a lump sum, you can ensure that you leave any remaining funds to your family or favorite charity.

(4) What about an emergency?

You may do fine with the monthly payment when everything is going well, but what happens in an emergency? With the monthly payment option, you cannot go back and request additional funds if a need arises. If you have the lump sum, you are better able to stay in control of your money.

There are many things to consider before you make a decision. Since your decision is final, it is important to choose carefully. If necessary, seek a professional who can help you weigh which option would work best for your situation.

by: Ozeme J Bonnette
Iso 7x Review Mega force Review and Its Side Effects How To Make MONEY From Your Traffic? The Benefits Of Choosing A Cheap Loan Hairisol Review - Does Hairisol Really Work For Hair Regrowth? Financial Statements & Directors Report What Is Pension Release?. Financial Statements & Directors Report In Singapore Why Not Consider This Whole Retirement Thing Differently........... You Have Acknowledged About Sell And Rent Back Your Essex Property.... What You Thing About Computational Finance As A Professional Tool For Financial Graduates. Even Though Homeowners Have Always Been Able To Get A Home Loan Modification Help In Struggling Homeowners Through The Process Of Negotiating Loan Modification
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.149.233.62) / Processed in 0.011248 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 28 , 2769, 385,
How Do I Roll Over My 401k Accounts Or Pensions?