Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Hop Onto A Mobile School To Help Slum Children In Goa With I-to-i
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Hop Onto A Mobile School To Help Slum Children In Goa With I-to-i

Hop Onto A Mobile School To Help Slum Children In Goa With I-to-i

While most kids faces here in the UK light up at the sound of an ice cream van approaching

, kids living in the slum areas of Goa get more excited about the prospect of the mobile school bus rolling in! On i-to-is brand new trip in the stunning Indian state of Goa, volunteers help bring education to gorgeous kids who desperately need it, and still have time to lounge on some of the regions amazing beaches and immerse themselves in the laid-back Goan pace of life.

The mobile school was set up in 2006 and takes education to the doorsteps of underprivileged kids aged between 6 and 14 who might otherwise miss out. The bus acts as a mobile classroom that moves from place to place picking up kids, and then stops for three and a half hours for all kinds of lessons, games and activities. At the end of the year, kids who have been coming to classes are able to take exams on the bus, enabling them to get into mainstream schools in the area, revolutionising their future potential.

The project needs enthusiastic volunteers to get stuck in and help enrich kids lives by teaching them English and maths. Theres plenty of scope for getting creative too, as volunteers come up with games and activities to make the kids learning come alive. While most tourists spend their time in Goa working on their tans, volunteers at this project have a fantastic opportunity to escape the crowds and experience a side of India that many travellers miss.

As well as helping out on the bus, volunteers have plenty of free time on evenings and weekends to explore Goa. They enjoy real Indian hospitality as they stay in a homestay in the beautiful coastal town of Calangute, with a stunning stretch of sandy beach nearby perfect for relaxing on after a hectic day on the bus! Theres no need to worry about cooking either: volunteers get three meals a day of tasty Indian food laid on for them. Hop Onto A Mobile School To Help Slum Children In Goa With I-to-i

The project itself, meanwhile, is located in the charismatic state capital of Panjim, where colonial Portuguese buildings jostle for space with raucous markets and Indian exuberance. During their spare time volunteers can cruise up the Mandovi river to see Goas lush tropical countryside and spectacular wildlife, or just lounge on one of the coasts gorgeous beaches as they dream up fun activities to put into practice on the bus! Plus, as volunteers have the help of the expert i-to-i team in Goa, they get inside knowledge on whats going on in the local area all year round.

Helen Gray, 20, who recently took part in a similar i-to-i project in Goa, said the highlights of her trip were: The places I got to visit while being in India. Having the weekends free to visit places and experience India made the trip extra special. Working with the children and seeing how their lives are so different and watching them look after each other.

This incredible trip lasts four weeks, costing 1,045 (excl flights), but those who want to dedicate more time can stay for up to 12 weeks, at a cost of 175 for each additional week. i-to-i volunteers, as always, enjoy in-country orientation, airport pick-up and dedicated support throughout their trip. Those wanting more information about the trip, or the eight other adventures i-to-i offer in Goa, should ring i-to-is travel experts on 0800 093 1505 or visit http://www.i-to-i.com/volunteer-projects/work-with-school-helping-children-in-goa.html. For media enquiries, contact Honor Baldry at honor.baldry@i-to-i.com.

by: Bruce Haxton
Why Holidays To Goa Are Out Of This World Budget Hotels In Chennai Rothay Garden Hotel Win Money In England! Win Money In Australia! Win Money In California! Powerful Good Luck Amulets May Help! Christmas Holidays Travelling To Costa Blanca, Spain Rv Resort: Enough Space For Unwinding Senses Rv Resort: Re-defining Holidays Sydney, Melbourne And Now Brisbane Philadelphia Tours: Wow! Arbonne International - The One Failure That Stops You From Achieving Massive Success Event Venues in London with Outdoor Space Have The Perfect Holiday On Fraser Island
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.17.12) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.014280 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3532, 954,
Hop Onto A Mobile School To Help Slum Children In Goa With I-to-i Campo Grande