Insurances.net
insurances.net » Internet Insurance » Help...i Need To Monetize My Website Traffic, But Don't Know How!
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Help...i Need To Monetize My Website Traffic, But Don't Know How!

Help...i Need To Monetize My Website Traffic, But Don't Know How!

Even if you've decided to build a website that sells a product or service

, there are other ways to make money from website advertising, partnerships, links, etc. If you have traffic coming to your site, then you should take every advantage possible to convert your visitors into revenue.You should diversify and utilize as many monetization techniques as possible to create additional revenue streams.

While making money from your website may be your goal, you still have to remember your visitor. Do NOT create monetization channels in exchange for a poor visitor experience.

For example, we've all been to those sites that have flash ads, moving banners, talking people who walk across your screen, pop up ads, and Google Adwords on every other paragraph, right? Need I say more?

Let's look at some ways to generate income from other monetization techniques.

There are many creative ways to generate income via a website. Some are very obvious, while others blend in to your pages. Some techniques could generate revenue without your visitor even being aware.

Listed below is a summary of ideas to help you monetize your website. Note that there are many suggestions below, not all of which will fit your website model. The list is more to make you aware of some of the possibilities that you may not have known about.

* Google Adsense Ads - You define an area on your webpage for GoogleAds. Google inserts ads automatically related to your page content. You get paid when visitors click on the

links.

* Google Adsearch - Works in concert with Adsense, and allows users to search Google from your site.

* Affiliate Marketing - You sell or promote someone else's product or service and get paid a commission based on any sales, or sometimes leads that you originate.

* Referrals - A prearranged relationship is setup between you and another vendor. You get paid for referring customers - i.e. You refer visitors to a hotel, they book a room, you get paid

a finder's fee.

* Create an Opt In List - Collect contact information for visitors to your site, so that you can market to them directly via email, in the future. This is a long-term monetization model, but possibly the most valuable technique that you could implement

* Sell Hard Goods - Setup a storefront to sell products

* Sell Hard Goods - Drop Shipper - Setup a storefront that sells products from a Drop Shipper - they handle fulfillment of your visitors' orders. You have no inventory or fulfillment concerns...just marketing of the products.

* Sell eGoods - Provide a download area for eBooks, eAudio, eVideo, etc.

* eBay - Create and host your own eBay storefront

* Membership - Charge a fee to become a member. Of course you have to offer something of value for that membership, like access to other areas of your site, or a newsletter with tips and privileged information.

* Joint Venture - Develop an agreement with another vendor in which you share the proceeds from sales.

* Sell Advertising - Define area(s) on your website where you display ads from other merchants, or your own affiliate programs. Google's AdManager can help fill those spaces with ads.

* Donations - If your website is purely informational, you might consider requesting donations.

Be Careful...

You should resist the urge to slap every possible money-making technique on your website. While it is wise to diversify your income channels, you have to remember the importance of your "Look and Feel" and your visitor.

Your visitor's experience is almost (if not, more) as important as your income. It should go without saying that "without more visitors, you have no income." I know we said it before, but NEVER jeapordize your visitor's experience for a monetization technique.

Getting Started

If you have an information-only website, you should not even consider ways to make money from website visitors until you have sufficient traffic.

Your visitor traffic should be established, and warranted based on what they are getting from your content. Without a good demand for your information, you run the risk of turning away customers if you adversely affect their experience with too many ads, or product offerings that distract from the reason they came.

When you do introduce various money-making techniques, do it slowly. Consider starting with contextual links. Embed affiliate links as part of your content. This is a rather passive way to add a monetizing channel without being "abrasive". Your visitor can click on the link, or just pass over it.

Add one technique or channel at a time. Take the necessary time to monitor and evaluate its success. You may have to tweak or even completely remove one of your channels. Continue to monitor, analyze and change. You will eventually find a mix that works for you and your customer.

by: eMarketer
What Are The Differences Between Facebook And Twitter? How To Run Adsense Without A Site - Quick Tips Better Trades - Why You Must Just Say NO Efficiency Vs. The Experience & Increased Profits How To Find A Good Bus Charter Company Online? Scholarships For Online Students No Teletrack Direct Payday Lenders - Save By Applying Online See Private MySpace Profiles with secret online tricks Working Online Is Not So Hard... So How To Get Started? Online Bingo In The Uk Marc Jacobs Bag Sale Online Make More Money Online With This 5 Online Moneymaking Opportunities Make Money Online Selling Pictures
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.217.144.32) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.014806 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 58 , 5129, 973,
Help...i Need To Monetize My Website Traffic, But Don't Know How! Copenhagen