Insurances.net
insurances.net » Auto Insurance » Gym Injuries: Reasons For Cause And Tips For Prevention
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Gym Injuries: Reasons For Cause And Tips For Prevention

Gym Injuries: Reasons For Cause And Tips For Prevention

Gym injuries vary in intensity and how severe each is

. While one may experience soreness, another may be paralyzed due to damage caused to the vertebra. There are many athletes who had to let do of their careers earlier than they had planned simply because of injury. While they may occur on the football field, rugby pitch, golf course or swimming pool, they can still occur within the four walls of a gym.

The following are some of the leading causes of injury specifically in the gym.

1. Poor Technique

Not only does poor technique yield little result if any, it can also cause injury. You can go wrong in doing something as basic as pushups. The weight can be put on your back due to poor technique and instead of getting a six pack; you end up with an aching back. This is the leading cause of most weight training exercises and routines. Gym Injuries: Reasons For Cause And Tips For Prevention

2. Training Too Often

I must say that this is a mistake I made personally. The first time I registered for a gym, I wanted to get my money's worth of the subscription. The only reason I didn't workout for 7 days in a row is because I always go to church every Sunday morning. The rest of the day is for my friends and family. I'm surprised how I kept up for two weeks, my body immediately shut down. The soreness I felt in every single living cell of my body was excruciating. I'm convinced than even my nails and hair ached! Training for consecutive days is what I refer to as overtraining. A mistake made by many people and especially the new comers.

3. Inadequate Stretching or Not Stretching At All

A big mistake that can cause you injury specifically muscle strains is neglecting to stretch before your work out. It relaxes the muscles and allows them to elongate. It should also be done after you work out to allow them to relax. It is advised also to stretch in between sets. This increases the circulation in your muscles.

4. Neglecting Warm Ups

By not doing warm ups or doing it insufficiently, there is insufficient circulation of blood in preparation for the exercises that follow. Warm up for 5-10 minutes by either taking a swim, jogging and stair climbing among other forms of warm ups. Muscle cramps can be caused by insufficient supply of oxygen to the muscle tissue. By warming up, you boost your blood circulation to muscles and thus prevent this form of injury.

You must understand that while the staff in the gym is concerned with your safety, there is only so much that they can do to protect you. Their work is not to clean up after your mess. By leaving equipment lying around carelessly, not only do you risk hurting yourself but also others. Handle equipment with care and follow all the safety precautions laid down for you. Don't leave the gym because the injury you've gotten is too severe, prevent it. Protect yourself and the people around you by simply following instructions.

by: Dane Fletcher
Financial Debacles Related to Bad Credit Auto Financing How to Find Reasonable Auto Insurance Quotes How to claim damage recovery for your injury Do You Know How Make Automobile Donations To Charity? All About The Hyundai Hybrid Sonata Breville kettle tea auto BTM800 Bharti Axa Announces New Add-on Insurance Product For Cars Help Understanding Home and Auto Insurance Savings RFID System Helps the Intelligence of Autos Finding Md Auto Insurance When Relocating Autodesks Uninstall How - How to Remove Autodesks on PC Instantly and Completely on Your Own Benefits Of Used Trucks For Sale Important Tips On Better Auto Maintenance
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.223.29.62) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.011502 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 3009, 952,
Gym Injuries: Reasons For Cause And Tips For Prevention Copenhagen