Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Going Abroad? by:Francis Regan
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Going Abroad? by:Francis Regan

Many times we Indians often fail to understand

, why we go overseas for studies or work. It has become a common trend that as soon as they finish their Under Graduation they have to go abroad for their Higher Education. Many of my friends who graduated immediately flew over to UK and Singapore for their Masters.

I had applied to a University in Australia, for which I got an admission since my grades were really good. My family members were very supportive for me to do my higher studies. But due to certain family problems I had to cut down my trip to Australia. But it was all for good, the student racism commotion started after a week or so.

Many countries seek their major income from the Indian students. For example, countries like Australia, UK and Canada take their major income from the education sector. Knowing that the Indian education system is very poor these people are charging heavy fees for an admission into any one of the colleges, which however includes the cost of living and travel too.

A very good friend of mine flew over to Singapore few years back. Even Singapore has quite a number of Indian students. After he finished his under graduation, for several months he was roaming all over the place looking for a job which suits his profile. He was continuously getting shouted at, by his parents. They were thinking that he is spoiling his life. He had no other option other than to apply to a college abroad. He got an admission in some unknown college but due to his parents compulsion he left immediately without even bidding farewell to us. Many students take a lot of pressure from their parents and are in some kind of compulsion to go for their higher education without even giving a chance to pursue their dreams. Going Abroad? by:Francis Regan

Several years ago, two of my friends went to Sydney, Australia for pilot training. They did not plan for their studies; rather I would say that they were merely living on dreams. Only after they went they found out that it was not a college and it was just a flying institute without having any government recognition. They filed a police complaint there, for which they were sent back to India. They did not get their money back nor got any education.

Many countries provide various offers to International students. One university in New Zealand offers international students three years extension on their visas to find a job. Another university offered international students to bring their spouse or girlfriend, after staying there for 2 years. People after hearing these offers go there and get fooled.

Another big catch, for people to go abroad is that they get big fat salaries which no Indian company would give to its employees. I went to gulf for several weeks for a business meeting with my client and I could not believe my eyes. I hardly saw any sheiks in Gulf, many of them were Indians. These people go there and work as slaves for the sheiks there for it's very cheap for them to pay the Indians laborers rather than to outsource the work.

An employer always wants an employee who is cheap and efficient. One such incident happened over in Gulf a few months back. The people who are going out to gulf are under a contract where they have to give all their original personal documents to their employers so that they cannot escape under any circumstance. She was always locked in a room where she got neither proper food nor water. She somehow escaped from the place and reported to the Indian Embassy for which the employer was penalized severely.Going Abroad? by:Francis Regan

UK happened to be a country which pays big wages. But nowadays, finding work over there is very difficult. People are finding it really hard to get a job there. One of my class mates in school, finished his Bachelors in Commerce and flew over to UK to pursue his higher education in MBA. Its been several years now and he still is not able to get a job there. His visa got extended for few more years for finding a job.

Indian government can definitely take all this into consideration and could improve the education system in India so that it does not lose many of the Indian students going abroad. Besides the work opportunities can be increased in the country such that people get the jobs without having a need to move to other countries

About the author

Francis Regan authors numerous articles on consumer related issues. Francis Regan works for consumerdaddy website. Together, their mission is to spread consumer awareness. Consumerdaddy provides India's largest consumer awareness portal with consumer reports on 40000 companies and 200000 products.
Who Built Stonehenge: A Question That Has No Answer by:Gia Loren Hanoi' Sacred Guardians by:David nguyen London's River & Bridges Part 1 Introduction by:Adrian Carpenter Visiting the USA by:Richard Mylar Amanjena: A Wellness Wonder by:Miguel Guedes de Sousa Newcastle Beach Accommodation Online by:Renee Nixon A Dozen Free Things to Do in Northern Arizona by:Mike Finney India Tour - A Sweet Ceaseless Experience Cheap Discount Holidays: Book Your Cheap Holidays With Ease by:John Willims Can I apply for Australian Visitor ETA Visa? by:Dylan Lautner How to Prepare for Your EuroTrip by:Mark Etinger Travel First Class By Using the Exit Rows Safest American Cities to Visit by:Steve Robinson
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.143.245.137) / Processed in 0.014456 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 4695, 954,