Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » French free lesson: Importance of vocabulary
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

French free lesson: Importance of vocabulary

In France, people are translating the term do it yourself by "bricolage". Bricolage is pretty popular in France with a lot of big companies like Castorama or Monsieur Bricolage. There also a lot of shows dealing with home decoration. Popular Americans like Extreme Makeover are also watched by millions in France.

One problem in France is that people don't speak English very well. There are lot of reasons for it. For example, all foreign movies and sitcoms are dubbed. As a result, just a few French people are hearing people speaking English on a regular basis. So it can be difficult to communicate if you don't know some basic French.

It is also important to know the pronunciation of the words. For example, a friend mine tried to say "thanks a lot" to a really beautiful waitress the other day. In French, we say "merci beaucoup". But when I said it sounded like he said "merci beau cul". So instead of saying "thanks a lot" he said "merci, nice bottom". Needless to say, it was really funny situation.

In this lesson, we will focus on do it yourself vocabulary.

I realised that vocabulary was very important when an English friend of mine wanted to repair his tiling, in French "son carrelage". He called me to ask if could help him. I said sure. But when he began to list what he needed I realised that most French people don't know the basic word like "a tack".

That's the reason why he can be difficult to communicate if you don't know the French translation for these words.

You need to know some really important words. For example, the translation of "tools" is "outils". A hammer is "un marteau". A tack is "un clou". A drill is "une perceuse".

So if you want to buy a house in a french speaking country you will need to learn the basic vocabulary.

The most important to learn french fast is to hear people speaking french. If you love movies there are a lot great frenc movies directed by Chabrol, Truffaut, Clouzot or Bresson. You can also listen to french music which relies a lot on the lyrics. Singers like Brassens or Gainsbourg are perfect to start.
Places to See in Paris - L'Hotel De Ville and Surrounding Area Catholic Pilgrimage Tours – Do You Feel The Calling For Spiritual Journey? Iconic Destinations Part 3 Rajasthan Tourism Brings Some Beautiful Colours in Your Life An Amazing Trip for Those Taking Flights to Johannesburg!! A Step-by-Step Guide To Nursing Travel Jobs Sherlock Holmes Walk In London UK Doctor Who Locations Tour in the UK Fantastic Places To Visit In London Summer Romance (Part 5) Unique Holiday Experience at Amalfi Coast Which Holiday Destination for 2011 Rome Holidays
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.53.202) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.005494 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 18 , 2239, 954,
French free lesson: Importance of vocabulary Copenhagen