Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Flying the African way
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Flying the African way

Flying the African way

Flying the African way

I have hosted many a Africa fly fishing trip on the African continent and have never been failed and moved and just overwhelmed by the sheer grandeur of this wonderful continent. Living and working out of Namibia has and still is one of the great pleasures in life. Operating as a pilot and guide has surely got to rank as one of the most rewarding and not mention exciting jobs that I have ever done and probably will ever do. I get to fly a small aircraft with mostly very interesting and normally excited clients on board who are all as thrilled as I am to be heading deep into the African bush on an exciting African journey. As we skim over the sometimes inhospitable and formidable terrain below us you will find your thoughts drifting as you gaze mesmerized at the spectacle below you. I have always been so impressed by the sheer size of the landscapes unfolding beneath us, from the stark beauty of the Skeleton Coast where the world's last free range black rhino and the mystical desert adapted Elephants eke out an existence. Then it's inland to Botswana and the magical Okavango delta and further to the mighty Zambezi river system, where there is the most magical fly fishing sometimes within casting distance from your lodge. Life on African fly in safari is pure magic...
Flying the African way

There are days deep in wilderness where a person will wake up to sounds of the bush coming alive all-around them in the early morning and realize, sometimes for the first time in a long time how precious the simple sound of the bush are as opposed to the cacophony of sound that reverberate out of our urban jungles that we enclose ourselves with. My parents always used to say to us when we were children that it is the small things in life that matter. How right they were.

I have had so many wonderful experiences on these Africa fly in fishing trips that they all start to blur into one huge memory. I have one very clear memory of a young lad and his father who were with me for 6-8 days flying around Namibia. The lad brought with a small pillow and thinking it was to help him sleep I never asked him about it until one day the father asked me if I would not mind if his son could feel the controls for awhile as he loved flying. I of course agreed and the realized what the pillow was for... To sit on! That young boy flew perfectly. I hope that these were memories to cherish for him. As for the father all I could say was good on you to have exposed your son to that experience of being on an exciting African journey.

Now I know for most of the aspiring African travellers who sit and watch all the negative articles and media statements that paint Africa this dark and Foreboding continent, let me tell you that it is not so. It is a vibrant place and will very often will take on a journey you least expect.
Las Vegas Strip Hotels & Resorts A Guide to Some of the Classy London Hotels Do I need travel insurance? Single Travel Asia – Gaining Popularity Why is 360 Degree Panoramic Virtual tour important? Enjoy Incredible Holidays In Dubai Baggage shipping can travel in many ways Golden Triangle Tours –Describes Incredible India How to organise a genuinely bespoke holiday Festival Campervan Hire The Joy of Traveling alone Debenhams in Ireland Budget Accommodation Options for Tourists on Holidays to Dubai
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.25.195) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.005329 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2893, 954,
Flying the African way Campo Grande