Insurances.net
insurances.net » Children Insurance » Fighting Childhood Obesity - Interview With Greg Gorman Of Prairieville La
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Fighting Childhood Obesity - Interview With Greg Gorman Of Prairieville La

Fighting Childhood Obesity - Interview With Greg Gorman Of Prairieville La

The Cure Childhood Could Be As simple As A Game Of Volleyball

Childhood Obesity is still at the forefront and a major priority of many children's health advocates and foundations. There have been numerous reports on childhood obesity and the related causes, however I still feel the cure to this epidemic is as simple as a game of volleyball.

Many kids are now headed back to school which means more opportunities to remain active and participate in afterschool activities. The many challenges with childhood obesity comes into play when you have kids that have no interest in exercising our recreational sports. This new PlayStation 3 personality has contributed to an increase in poundage on kids all across this country.

I can remember as a child we would leave out the house at 8am in the morning during the summer and would not return until lunch. This new model of kids is determined to never leave the house and have no interest in playing outside all day. And yes I blame it on the advancements in gaming technology which makes videogames for more appealing than running around in the hot sun, but the running around is what kept my generation fit back in the early 80s.Fighting Childhood Obesity - Interview With Greg Gorman Of Prairieville La

Like many of you, I struggled this summer to keep my kids active and engaged in some form of activity other than video games, but it became an enormous uphill battle.

There was one area that I could claim victory in my battle to keep the kids active, I installed a volleyball net in the backyard. To my amazement my teenage daughter and her friends started hanging in the backyard playing a comedic version of volleyball, nevertheless it was still a victory for me. I could claim victory in getting my daughter out the house and active but I stood very little chance of getting my son to unplug John Madden football.

In a recent conversation with Greg Gorman of Prairieville La, he shared with me a story of how he was able to combat obesity by allowing his daughter to join a volleyball team.

Our daughter came to us one day and said that she wanted to join the volleyball team at her school. My wife became so excited that she ran out to the local sporting goods store and purchase every piece of equipment that was required including a full-size volleyball net for the backyard. My daughter loves volleyball and has remained very active in the practice Regiment and individual skill development required to become a starter on her team."

Greg Gorman went on to say that he credits the volleyball with keeping his daughter active and fit. Without volleyball he felt that his daughter would have succumbed to obesity and other weight related health issues.

According to recommendations presented in a recent report on childhood obesity conducted by Pennington biomedical research Center Louisiana State University, parents should encourage children to embrace more outdoor activity.

Listed below are a few suggestions design to help parents prevent childhood obesity.

Establish household rules for television and computer use, and set reasonable limits. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children and youth watch no more than two hours of quality television programming per day.

Teachers and School Administrators should incorporate and promote physical activity breaks during and between classes. Try five minutes of activity such as marching in place, and stretching. It is also recommended that the teacher should include music in order to make the activities fun for the kids while they exercise.

The report also made a recommendation to Policy Makers to provide tax credits to parents whose children participate in physical activity programs to help cover fees, equipment, and uniforms.

Above anything else I challenge you to get involved with your kids are as a family in some form of exercise are play. Exercise becomes more effective as it becomes a daily habit or routine therefore try to pick an activity like volleyball and designate days out of the week for the family to get outside.

If you will like to receive more information on how to keep your kids active then please visit my blog http://www.greggormanprairievillela.vox.com

by: Tyronne Jacques
The Favorable Facets Of Buying And Also Perusing Child-Rearing Guides Kids Decor to Make a Children's Bedroom Come Alive Kids Halloween Costumes - What Are Your Choices? Adults' Mouth Tissue Not As Flexible As Tissue Of Children Crafts For Children Of All Ages How To Care For Children With Asthma? The teen pop star Justin Bieber is one of the most famous celebrities at the moment Your Guide To Successful Child Discipline Methods Getting Around Orange County California - Attractions For Kids And Kids At Heart Diarrhoea in Children and Unani Management Children's Toys Good Manners for children Get Your Child Trained to Use the Potty after Following These Potty Training Tips
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.214.215) Ljubljana / Ljubljana Processed in 0.014247 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 4322, 956,
Fighting Childhood Obesity - Interview With Greg Gorman Of Prairieville La Ljubljana