Insurances.net
insurances.net » Taxes » Faqs' For E-filing Your Tax Return
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Faqs' For E-filing Your Tax Return

Online income tax filing is the easiest and fastest way to do your taxes online

. But, many people still have questions so I have answered a few for you below.

Q I don't owe taxes. Can I file electronically after April 15th?

A Electronically filed tax returns are accepted until October 15th.

If April 15th falls on a weekend or federal holiday, you have until midnight the following business day to submit your extension request or your tax return.

However, for your return to be considered timely after April 15th, you must file Form 4868 on or before April 15th.

With a timely filed extension request, you have until October 15th to timely file your return.

If an extension of time to file has not been timely submitted you may be subject to a failure to file penalty if you file your return after April 15th.

Q - We will be filing a joint tax return. Can we file our return electronically?

A You can file electronically using any filing status.

The limitations are:

You cannot have already filed a return.

Filing your return electronically is faster, safer and more accurate than mailing your tax return because it is transmitted over telephone lines directly to an IRS computer.

Q If I file my taxes online, what do I do with my W-2 forms?

A When filing electronically:

You must provide Form W-2 to the authorized IRS e-file provider before the provider sends the electronic return to the IRS.

You do not need to send your W-2 forms and should keep them in a safe place with a copy of your tax return.

Use Form 8453-OL to transmit any paper documents which need to be sent.

by: Sandi Lattin
Finding Tax Help New Tax Law: What Does It Means To You? Free Nfl Picks- How They Are Creating Difference? Categorization Of Nfl Picks Of The Week NFL Betting: NFL Systems and Early NFL Pick Solving problems of property taxes due? A Talented Tax Attorney Can Solve Your Tax Problems Your Tax Payment Through Tax Settlement Tax deduction Tax Relief Which controls can do for the economy Federal 941 Payroll Tax Payment Guidelines Offer Tax Compromise people who accept the IRS IRS Tax Settlement How it works and how to solve the problem Know More About Tax Deferred Annuity & Deferred Annuity
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.145.64.126) / Processed in 0.004176 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 34 , 1772, 184,
Faqs' For E-filing Your Tax Return