Insurances.net
insurances.net » Travel Insurance » Extra Caution Needs To Be Given To Young Puppies in the Spring and Summertime
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Extra Caution Needs To Be Given To Young Puppies in the Spring and Summertime

The Springtime is a great time to get a puppy as the weather is warmer which makes housebreaking easier, with daylight savings time more light to train, warmer weather to introduce water and kids are out of school to help with the training. However warmer weather also makes Parvo a lot more prevalent and so extra precautions need to be taken.

When I send new puppies home with their new owners, Here are some of the VERY Important things I stress when they leave...

1. First do your research on Parvo Virus:Extra Caution Needs To Be Given To Young Puppies in the Spring and Summertime

Dogs carry canine Parvo Virus. Adult dogs may be infected carriers without showing any clinical signs. Dogs with the typical diarrhea that Parvo Virus causes shed the Virus as well. It can last a long time in the environment, perhaps as long as 9 months or longer.

Dogs and puppies can contract Parvo Virus even if they never leave their yards. Parvo Virus, despite what you might hear, is NOT an airborne virus. It is excreted in the feces of infected dogs, and if someone -- human, dog, bird, etc. -- steps in (or otherwise comes in contact with) the excrement, the possibility for contamination is great. Take the time to "Google" Parvo in puppies and make yourself knowledgable about this disease!

A few other important tips I like to pass along to new puppy owners...

2. When you take the puppy to the vet for shots ( which all puppies will need ) - Take the pup first thing in the morning before the vet "touches/handles" any sick dogs... and even go so far as to ask the technician if they have any sick puppies with Parvo at the clinic.

Also, when you're at the vet clinic with your puppy never put them on the ground outside or inside. When you're waiting . . . everyone sees a pretty new puppy and wants to touch them - well . . . I DO NOT like other folks touching my puppies . . . you do not know why they are there, where they have been and what they have touched or been exposed to .! I know this may sound a bit extreme . . . but you're protecting your new family member. When you leave the vet clinic wash your hands and you may even want to keep a small spray bottle of "clorox water mixture" to spray your shoes with after you leave ! I keep one in my truck at all times.

3. When traveling with a new puppy be very careful where you let them out to go potty . . . avoid gas stations, pet walks, rest areas . . . anywhere where a lot of other "big dogs" may have been . . . again just taking some extra precautions .! Also . . . I know a lot of folks like to bring their dogs to "show them off "at stores like Petsmart, Petco - so these are more place's young puppies DO NOT need to be taken.

I know this may sound extreme, but if you talk to your vet, they will more than likely agree. Please take the time to research what Parvo is, how it is spread and understand the precautions . . . I have given you a few tips some folks may not think of, but the more you understand Parvo ... the better your new puppy will be protected!
SRS Travels Bangalore Budget Holidays - Arranging a Trip to San Francisco on a Price range Take A Stroll With The Peg Perego Triplette Stroller Direct Dial, Calling Card, Incoming Numbers in South Africa Saving Money with Your Heat Pump in Summer Marine Conservation for Wales Holidays What to Look in French Bulldog Breeders Wildlife and Cultural Tour to Ethiopia for Wales Holidays Swing with American swingers for some wild moments Security for Celebrities Holidays In Eastbourne Rearfoot boots: shoes all phenomena spring the summer time 2011 Summer Dresses
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.130.24) Connecticut / Fairfield Processed in 0.013465 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 3162, 954,
Extra Caution Needs To Be Given To Young Puppies in the Spring and Summertime Fairfield