Insurances.net
insurances.net » Taxes » Espn Airs Nfl Draft On Primetime Television
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Espn Airs Nfl Draft On Primetime Television

If you're like me then you spent far too much time ignoring your family last

night in favor of the 2010 NFL draft on ESPN during primetime television. In years past the draft has held its most popular segment the first and second rounds on Saturday, spanning mid-morning until sometime past sunset. This was a great way to blow off an entire day's worth of chores, hanging out with buddies at a local sports bar watching the entire first round, pontificating on every draft choice like we really know our heads from a hole in the ground. I mean seriously, how are we supposed to get our Fantasy Football draft picks in order if we don't know who the new guys are?

Okaya little tongue-in-cheek, but there's no question the NFL, and the NFL draft, are as much as part of the zeitgeist as IMing with your BFF. In fact, its popularity has spawned an entire industry. There are draft parties held all over the country, sports bars offer great deals on food and drink and have virtually every channel tuned to the affair, and even the teams put on a big brouhaha for the general public, or at least for invited guests.

For years I attended the private draft party thrown by the Arizona Cardinals. It was always a great time, and truth be told it was something I looked forward to with great anticipation each and every year. April is my birthday month and I always looked at it as a birthday present from the team. It wasn't, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it all the same. I was surrounded by friends and acquaintances, got to chat with players, owners, and public relations personnel, and of course the food and drinks were on the house.

Last night's draft kind of threw a monkey wrench into the works for people who've grown accustomed to blowing off an entire spring Saturday. No need to take the day off, for most, as the draft didn't start until after quitting time, but many will be pressed with what to do on Friday. Anyone working a 4-day work week is covered, but what if you're not so lucky? Call in sick? Have your spouse do it for you? Just not show up and work out an entirely plausible kidnapping excuse for Monday morning?

If you're like me you made arrangements weeks ago to take a personal day on Friday. It's a trick I learned after my last employer had some issues with my possible alien abduction excuse, which was betrayed by the farmers tan I'd acquired the day before on the golf coursethe one that backs to his house in the 13th green. Oops. Anyway, preparedness is the key to post-draft success.

NFL Sunday Ticket only on DIRECTV: consider it the best draft pick you'll ever make!

What good would all this draft preparation be if you didn't parlay it into watching every single game of the season? With NFL Sunday Ticket, exclusively on DIRECTV satellite TV, you'll catch every pass, punt, touchdown, and sudden death win for the entire season.

by: Lincoln Wilder
How To Minimize Your Tax Liability As A Small Time Investor Don't Panic, if Income Tax Department Raids You Reducing Your Taxes Reasons We Pay Taxes Filing Your Income Taxes The Tax Relief Reconciliation Act Of 2003 Getting Through Tax Season Smartly Guidelines on Handling Unpaid Taxes in the United States The significance of Soccer nfl jersey number Hiring Tax Consultants Record Label For Tax Benefits - How To Start It? An Overview Of State Death Taxes How the NFL Draft Works
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.146.37.45) / Processed in 0.010555 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 3046, 184,
Espn Airs Nfl Draft On Primetime Television